water is forming through the air in my base

I've been searching, and other than an old thread on condensation, I haven't found any mention of this.

However, it does seem, that the water is forming in my base, due to condensation. At first I didn't notice the tiles that looked like dense oxygen, but when you hover they say water. Couldn't understand where the water was coming from.

I haven't quite figured out how to stop it! I don't see an obvious De-humidifier :)

For now I've started to divert obvious spots to drain into water collection.

Anyone else experience this yet in their bases?

__
Lotek

condensation_1.jpg

The water vapor effect seems to show up better during the night or sleep cycle

condensation_2.jpg

Steam only forms in very hot temperatures in ONI. I don't think it's possible that steam formed in a normal base. The water looking thing is just how oxygen is rendered in ONI, it looks a bit more exaggerated so that we can see it.

Possible reasons for water:

-a duplicant was crying

-a bit of water flowed in from outside without you noticing

-some pipes broke

bzgzd, asveron:

it's the first time I've run into this issue, and it's persisted for many cycles and reloads. In the two screenshots, you can see I have an air tile selected and it says water. Yet there is no indication over the floor tile, that surface water is present. Not to mention the invisible water flowing over the edge.

I made sure to check for pipes, or melting materials in the storage lockers. But the water is forming on surfaces away from those.

I'll keep investigating, but the quantity of water cycle after cycle, has made me have to redo some floors to add drainage so I don't have to mop all the time or have dupes getting stressed.

Part of the issue may be that you are using purely Airflow Tiles.  Liquids on top of them behave a bit strangely, as if they are being carried on a cushion of air.  That makes it more difficult to track the flowing water back to it's source.

I can see a puddle has collected in what looks like your O2 room, as well as that spot on the right side of your Mealwood farm.  For it to be accumulating in both locations, based on your layout, it would appear it's coming from multiple locations.  There's no way a single source could flow to both of those locations.  The solid row(s) of Insulated Tiles below your O2 room would prevent water from flowing downward, and there's no opening to the left of it that could be a source for the pool on the right, as the regular Tiles continue far to the Ladder column.

Unless it accumulates periodically behind that door in the upper right, where the fire pole "lands"?  I think bzgzd is correct, and that it's melt runoff from an Ice Biome you have breached above.  Gravity makes it flow downward, to accumulate in your base.

If this is the case, the easiest solution would be to simply close the bottom of the Ice Biome.

1 hour ago, lotek_514 said:

bzgzd, asveron:

it's the first time I've run into this issue, and it's persisted for many cycles and reloads. In the two screenshots, you can see I have an air tile selected and it says water. Yet there is no indication over the floor tile, that surface water is present. Not to mention the invisible water flowing over the edge.

I made sure to check for pipes, or melting materials in the storage lockers. But the water is forming on surfaces away from those.

I'll keep investigating, but the quantity of water cycle after cycle, has made me have to redo some floors to add drainage so I don't have to mop all the time or have dupes getting stressed.

the water is "invisible" because the quantity is too low. do a mass mop by dragging a huge portion of your base, sometimes you'll find water that you never realized was in your base. 

Archived