Bottled... steam?

I dismantled a Polymer Press because I was done with the Petroleum and wanted to retrieve the remaining Plastic from it. In the debris, I noticed something odd: a bottle of Steam:

NotYourMereWater.png.48ae8234e8853d0db790213bd3f95624.png

I understand why it's there, but it raises an interesting design question: shouldn't that turn into Water?

The broader question is this: what's going on with bottled gases? You can tell a Duplicant to empty them, but you can't move them. In this specific case, it's also preventing a state change that will happen immediately once its contents are released. I'm sure it's on the to-do list, but cases like this make me wonder exactly how things might wind up getting implemented mechanically.

Is there really a need for gas bottles? In my mind, the leftover Steam was going to immediately enter the environment, but of course I should have predicted the bottle instead. Are there any situations where a bottle is more appropriate than simply releasing the contained gases? I can understand the environmental convenience, such as keeping those 200 Kg of Oxygen contained when you take down an Exosuit Dock with a fully-charged Atmo Suit in it, but part of me thinks there's got to be a better way.

I would love to see craftable gas bottles and /or bottler system.Also a compressed storage for them other than high pressure "rooms" for either the gas or in liquid / solid form.

Not necessary by any stretch, but a 'would be nice' system.

28 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

A bigger question...  when you dig up a Weezewort, it leaves a bottle (or 2) of gas behind.  Where does the bottle come from?  It's a plant!!

Wheezeworts absorb 1 kg of gas and realese it 5oC colder. So when you dig it up, you'll find a bottle of gas it was cooling before.

5 hours ago, OfficialLolicon said:

If bottling liquid is allowed, it wouldn't be a surprise to have bottled gas. Such things exist, but I can't find a good reason why actually. Maybe a place to drop bottled gas? That would nice since I'm always getting bottled Hydrogen from deconstructing Hydrogen Gens.

I always have some troubles dealing with PO2 bottles left over from destroying deodorizers in my base after removing all polluted oxygen.
So I would also like to have "place to drop bottled gas" as now I can't move those bottles out of my base other then drop them down by gravity.

Archived