Easier way to see what materials buildings are made from.

At some point I ran out of Copper Ore and started building things out of Gold Amalgam. I hunted down another copper vein, but would like to recover my spent Gold. At this point I'm currently clicking each metal ore building and seeing what it is made of. Maybe have the buildings highlight when you mouse over the ore/mineral they are made from on the side of the screen?

Some things are colored by material, so I'm hoping that's an art asset thing and not part of the game design. When I build a granite flower pot it looks different than my sandstone ones. Doesn't give the briar bush a +10% decor bonus, though, just the pot.

I agree this is very needed. There is a mod for it but I feel it should be default. Items themselves naturally have it's own color scheme in-game (i.e. metals), but once built, stop distinguish themselves.

It's annoying to have to click and go to details to find out whether you used the correct material. It's happened so many times when building with abyssalite tiles.

Archived