So, I know this might be OP, so I am hoping you guys have some ideas ... I want to be able to breed the animals. I hate dealing with hatches early game, so I kill them off, but late game I am bored and want something to do. So I would like a way to bring back the hatches I killed through a breeding program. (We did it with the condors.)

So I would only need to have saved two hatches to restart the population. I am not using them for coal, I just like the idea. But I know that some people use them for coal production and having tons of them would be OP. A population limit? Suggestions?

2 hours ago, Epilogue1212 said:

So, I know this might be OP, so I am hoping you guys have some ideas ... I want to be able to breed the animals. I hate dealing with hatches early game, so I kill them off, but late game I am bored and want something to do. So I would like a way to bring back the hatches I killed through a breeding program. (We did it with the condors.)

So I would only need to have saved two hatches to restart the population. I am not using them for coal, I just like the idea. But I know that some people use them for coal production and having tons of them would be OP. A population limit? Suggestions?

It has been suggested a couple of times now. It is a good idea. If meat is going to be cooked. A continuous supply could only be maintained from breeding animals. But as a coal farm. Existing hatches are plenty. yes.

On 11/6/2017 at 9:36 AM, LeadfootSlim said:

Using surplus Seeds as animal feed kills two birds with one stone, I'd think. But there should be some hazard to animal breeding - such as more aggressive behavior while guarding eggs, maybe even "Destructive" attacks on nearby walls.

Ohhh they could get avian flu etc.

Archived