P-H2O -> P-O2 prevention

So I've been running into this problem a lot, and I'm looking for a solution.  I haven't found one yet.

While building my NatGas Power Complex, complete with FertSynths, I always come back to the issue of P-H2O off-gasing P-O2.  Especially in a NatGas complex, but in other scenarios as well, it is important to control and prevent this to ensure your systems don't break down from wrong inputs.  Not to mention the potential for germ proliferation.

So, how do you stop P-H2O from off-gasing P-O2?

I have already tried establishing a vacuum, as I have seen suggested in numerous places, but that DOES NOT work.  I completely vacated all atmosphere from a sealed room, then began pumping P-H2O into it.  It was only a few cycles before I had ~100g of P-O2 in every square of the room again, from honestly not very much P-H2O.  While I haven't specifically looked at it, I find it doubtful that pressurizing the room with another gas like CO2 will work, either, given that natural pockets in the Swamp Biome will routinely fill themselves upwards of 125kg per square of P-O2, without depleting much (if any) of the P-H2O in the pocket.

The only solution I've seen that, conceptually, might work is leaving a thin skin of clean H2O across the top of the pool.  However, only works for containing a static pool.  Any scenario where you are adding more P-H2O to the pool or tank will invariably result in pushing the clean H2O out of the way near the drop site.  You will slow it down, but you won't stop it.

you can use a mesh walkway with a tile floor underneath. this creates a polluted water flow to one side.  you can then put water on top of the mesh tile.  this willl prevent it completely. near your generators. where you have your tank below if you have enough clean water on top, it wont ever be pushed out of way as you suggest. Alternatively you can just use the polluted water immediately or freeze it

Really polluted oxygen isnt that much of a negative though, as it gives you something to feed your pufts. or you can just cool it to purify it

3 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

I have already tried establishing a vacuum, as I have seen suggested in numerous places, but that DOES NOT work. 

It does. I demonstrated it to you in another thread. You build your assumption on outdated data.

The trick in game mode as opposed to debug mode is that you have to make the vacuum before getting P-H2O into the room or it will never work. Note that it's possible to have a partial vacuum when you're making it by using a pump. It might say vacuum on the entire room except a corner where there's 1mcg hiding. The safest method of making vacuums in survival mode is the corner tile deconstruction method. Or by overfilling a room with a liquid, like water... or even polluted water and then pumping the water out.

On 11/1/2017 at 3:52 AM, Saturnus said:

It does. I demonstrated it to you in another thread. You build your assumption on outdated data.

The trick in game mode as opposed to debug mode is that you have to make the vacuum before getting P-H2O into the room or it will never work. Note that it's possible to have a partial vacuum when you're making it by using a pump. It might say vacuum on the entire room except a corner where there's 1mcg hiding. The safest method of making vacuums in survival mode is the corner tile deconstruction method. Or by overfilling a room with a liquid, like water... or even polluted water and then pumping the water out.

if go to temp overlay, vacuum will be at absolute zero and gases will almost always display some sort of higher temp. Am I wrong?

15 minutes ago, eloy2030 said:

if go to temp overlay, vacuum will be at absolute zero and gases will almost always display some sort of higher temp. Am I wrong?

Absolute zero just means that temperature doesn't exist for it. Same for neutronium. A perfect insulator as there is no heat capacity at all.

Archived