I got bored and wrote down everything I've learned so far.

Arcwell

3 hours ago, Arcwell said:

I have since corrected my statement on Woodie, he is easily one of the 2 best runners in the game. He and Wes compete for that title since they both kite Boarilla, Woodie kites Boarrior, and Wes kites groups of enemies. Wes cannot do Woodie's Boarrior job just as Woodie cannot do Wes's groups of enemies job. As for the tank role, it requires more skill to play effectively but is VERY effective when you get attack cancelling down. After playing Woodie more he's my 2nd favorite character behind Wickerbottom.

Okay man, i agree with you. I'm glad to hear that :) 

Wolfgang's somewhere between A and B, it could kinda go either way. After the first few days of the beta I stopped seeing anyone pick him, honestly- but both him and WX are interchangable, depends whether you want the stun or Wolfgang's extra bit of survivability. (Woodie beats both of them, but you only probably only want ONE woodie) People generally want WX's stun.

Willow's sort of the same. Maybe more of a B rank? I can't really think of a reason I'd rather have Willow than another Wilson to be honest, but her damage boost and Bernie are definitely fairly decent perks and she -does- outdamage everyone else barring a fire staff maxwell (or someone willing to juggle barrage darts). She certainly beats out Webber (not by a large amount, but she does) by virtue of doing only trivially less damage whilst also having Bernie and incentive to have molten's stunning special over barrage's damaging special.

On the side- as far as the "role" section goes, melee dps and tank are pretty much the same thing. Dart users will always outdamage the melee attackers by a significant amount, melee users can't afford to use damage up log armor when any upgrade becomes available, etc. If you're going melee, you're playing tank and vice versa.

21 minutes ago, Tumalu said:

she -does- outdamage everyone else barring a fire staff maxwell (or someone willing to juggle barrage darts).

She can outdamage everyone, especially if she stacks physical damage boosts, juggles barrage darts, then goes fire staff for AoE (though a lot of her damage might include overkill damage).

Fire staff Maxwell doesn't have enough time to catch up on damage missed from the phases leading up to the fire staff in a normal match, but he's really more for stun control and speeding up single target kills where it matters.

10 minutes ago, HamBatter said:

She can outdamage everyone, especially if she stacks physical damage boosts, juggles barrage darts, then goes fire staff for AoE (though a lot of her damage might include overkill damage).

Fire staff Maxwell doesn't have enough time to catch up on damage missed from the phases leading up to the fire staff in a normal match, but he's really more for stun control and speeding up single target kills where it matters.

The first bit assumes Willow takes the fire staff, which should only happen when the team has no Wicker/Maxwell (or a single Wicker who's healing), as both Wickerbottom and Maxwell simply use the staff better. And there is plenty of time for fire staff Maxwell to outpace Willow's dart DPS, as shown by Maxwell regularly getting Merciless.

This is how I see it.

With Fire Staff:

Wickerbottom: Worst DPS, Best Special Damage (Her spells are boosted, dps unaffected)

Willow: Middle DPS, Middle Special Damage (She does extra damage for fire stuff flat out)

Maxwell: Best DPS, Worst Special Damage (Shadow fighters deal additional DPS, special unaffected)

The meteor damage will become pointless when attacking a single target (Boarilla/Boarrior), since the extra damage won't affect a large number of enemies, and making higher DPS more worth-while.

I personally prefer Wicker to stick to healing staff/tome. Willow to molten darts. Maxwell to fire staff/tome.

Since the inferno staff's special is SO powerful (boosted wicker w/magic crown does like 500!), Wicker is still probably a better choice for it than Willow. Similar dps versus a single target, but she does sooooo much when you have multiple things in range. (Although, of course, stuck with books for a good while at first)

Of course, if a non-healing wicker is in the party, she's getting it either way, but in terms of when you're choosing who you want. Willow's definitely the choice for a staff user who doesn't want to deal with tomes though.

4 hours ago, Arcwell said:

The first bit assumes Willow takes the fire staff, which should only happen when the team has no Wicker/Maxwell (or a single Wicker who's healing), as both Wickerbottom and Maxwell simply use the staff better. And there is plenty of time for fire staff Maxwell to outpace Willow's dart DPS, as shown by Maxwell regularly getting Merciless.

It's not fair compare potentials when you instantly lock out an option on one side.

Merciless is pretty much a given for whoever picks up the fire staff because of 25% magical damage and AoE. With a character swap Willow will pull off 50k-60k while Maxwell will do 40k-50k total damage, but that doesn't mean Maxwell is less useful.

37 minutes ago, HamBatter said:

It's not fair compare potentials when you instantly lock out an option on one side.

Merciless is pretty much a given for whoever picks up the fire staff because of 25% magical damage and AoE. With a character swap Willow will pull off 50k-60k while Maxwell will do 40k-50k total damage, but that doesn't mean Maxwell is less useful.

The reason I lock out an option is because the alternative is much more effective for lategame damage where it matters. Having 60k damage over the course of a match is worse than having 40k damage but dealing more damage to the Boarrior. In a Maxwell+Willow game, Willow taking the fire staff would gimp the team's collective DPS since Maxwell would have to fight Boarrior with a book.

Archived