Next Event - Possibilities

Toast1070

The Forge is great, the arena PVE really differentiates it from the main game and adds a lot of depth to the gameplay and the lore. What would you like to see future events look like?

While the arena aspect is a fresh new take on DST, I think it should be replaced for next event and instead we should get a dungeon. Rather than stay in one area and fight hordes of enemies, the players would have to slay enemies in a given area to unlock the next. Ultimately leading to a boss battle with whoever our next major opponent may be. Loot and weapons could be found in the different areas and all previously visited areas would be shut off to prevent players from backtracking. If a player is AFK, maybe all players would be teleported to the next section shortly after a majority enters the next room to ensure nobody is left behind. It wouldn't completely overhaul the arena, for the event after could be an arena setting. This would just be a different type of PVE to keep things interesting and exciting for players.

I have no problem with the arena that is the Forge, I just thought this could be an interesting new take on future events. Thoughts?

I'm also sure that they'll try to vary events.  Doesn't mean that we'll not have others events a little like the Forge, but the next after Forge will probably be something else. Maybe something using DS mechanisms that aren't used in forge, like managing food/sanity/wetness and stuff like this, so with a little more survival.

I definitely second the dungeon idea. As fun as PvE is Arenas aren't the most entertaining thing ever. But making PvE areas to explore and bosses to clear? Now that is my jam. 

Really hoping we will go in that direction. I mean it's pretty obvious I am enjoying the new direction when I have already posted more posts about Forge than all my previous posts combined (And I started playing Don't starve at dogs and bees update so yeah [Forum account made waaay later, but that's also some indication])

Archived