Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

ProfessorAlpaca

Venomeer Poison

I feel the poison from Venomeers is just far too potent. I found my party and myself being 1-shot by it shortly after a revive. And when it doesn't kill us, something else finishes us off shortly after. Sure the healing staff cures the poison instantly, but with there being such a large amount of Venomeers (along with other tanky enemies in later waves) its just too likely to get poisoned to death before the healer's cool down finishes.

Sinister_Fang    9347

I think the problem is that there's little to no warning to actually react to it. So with it's speed, AoE, and damage you have an attack just feels really unfair. It really does need a nerf in some degree.

Better idea, kite them with range. They won't use a poison attack if you never engage in melee. Remember, Venomeers only attack in melee and move slow enough to kite around. You'll save a lot of headaches if you keep your distance. The venom simply punishes you if you play againsts their strengths.

Sinister_Fang    9347
55 minutes ago, WilliamGreywind said:

Better idea, kite them with range. They won't use a poison attack if you never engage in melee. Remember, Venomeers only attack in melee and move slow enough to kite around. You'll save a lot of headaches if you keep your distance. The venom simply punishes you if you play againsts their strengths.

Try using WX-78, Wolfgang or Wigfrid. These 3 have no ranged options at all.

16 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Try using WX-78, Wolfgang or Wigfrid. These 3 have no ranged options at all.

Wigfrid can use darts. And wx78 and wolfgang have forge hammers they can aoe with. You can use the abilities to help stun and then move out of range safely. If you do end up with a team purely made up of wx78s and wolfgangs... I feel that says more about poor comp than enemies needing nerfs.

Sinister_Fang    9347
2 hours ago, WilliamGreywind said:

Wigfrid can use darts.

Huh, I didn't know that. I haven't used her yet and never saw anyone using darts with her. Alright, I was wrong about that.

2 hours ago, WilliamGreywind said:

And wx78 and wolfgang have forge hammers they can aoe with. You can use the abilities to help stun and then move out of range safely

...and then just run around doing pretty much nothing for the next few minutes during their cooldown...

HobNob    695
2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

...and then just run around doing pretty much nothing for the next few minutes during their cooldown...

The players with darts can kite a few venomeers on their own, the melee players will group up with the healer to take care of the rest of the venomeers. I usually go wes and deal with 4-5 venomeers alone at the start of the fight while the other 5 players kill the rest of them and then take a venomeer from me one by one.

JohaneBrote    256

Having played quite a bit of WX I'd say they are not THAT difficult, although they do take effort to deal with. What I usually do is run behind the Venomeer once the attack animation starts because it's much easier to dodge the cloud that way than running away from him. The biggest problem with this is that the venom attack and the melee attack have the same animation, so I can't really tell which one it is before it's too late. But as a tank you should have enough armor to just assume every attack is venom and just take the physical hits without much trouble.

ShadowDuelist    7664

I don't think is that bad, the healing area of the restoration staff seems to cure the poison effect, the solution is to have a fast healer (Winona) or a potent one to compensate most of the cumulative damage (Wickerbottom). Makes the healer role much more important.

Mr.Scolex    8

Maybe if poison can't kill you but let you at low health (10 or 1) should work, and the AoE attack deals damage (pretty much to clean you if you're at low health) in case it doesn't (I'm not sure)

Ashkain    1029
7 minutes ago, Mr.Scolex said:

Maybe if poison can't kill you but let you at low health (10 or 1) should work, and the AoE attack deals damage (pretty much to clean you if you're at low health) in case it doesn't (I'm not sure)

That's a good idea! Plenty of games have poison act like that so I was surprised to see it flat out kill you here. Usually the DoT effect that kills you in games is burning, not poisoned :D