Hatches don't eat Mealwood Seed

There are several things I do when I want to get rid of Mealwood/Pincha peppernut seeds:

• Put them all in a container above a chasm (>4 tiles) delete the container and the tile beneath it.
  • Seal their container behind tiles, usually as farthest as possible.
  • Fill the container below any tile supporting a tile of sand, destroy the container and dig the supporting tile, again far away.
  • Pick a random container among others in a row, empty it, fill them with seeds, and fill them again with whatever was containing.
  • Or using alt-q to put them behind a Neutronium tile.

They're only 1 kg, aren't they? A single storage container can hold 20k seeds. You seriously have an issue of too many seeds? Because if you really filled a storage container, you could always, I dunno, build a second one? :D

hatch' only eat minerals. i make a storage compacter that only stores sandstone, then i toggle its contents to dump it as hatch feeder. very easy to make heaps of coal on the hour.

you will have to toggle off mineral > sandstone x then copy settings on your other storage compactors.

⌠○∙¶]

8 hours ago, geniusthemaster said:

hatch' only eat minerals. i make a storage compacter that only stores sandstone, then i toggle its contents to dump it as hatch feeder. very easy to make heaps of coal on the hour.

you will have to toggle off mineral > sandstone x then copy settings on your other storage compactors.

⌠○∙¶]

False, they eat everything solid (including bottles of gas/liquid) except for seeds. I think there are some things they don't actually convert to coal despite eating but in any case I'm 100% sure you're wrong on this.

On 22/10/2017 at 12:36 PM, Octyabr said:

There are several things I do when I want to get rid of Mealwood/Pincha peppernut seeds:

• Put them all in a container above a chasm (>4 tiles) delete the container and the tile beneath it.
  • Seal their container behind tiles, usually as farthest as possible.
  • Fill the container below any tile supporting a tile of sand, destroy the container and dig the supporting tile, again far away.
  • Pick a random container among others in a row, empty it, fill them with seeds, and fill them again with whatever was containing.
  • Or using alt-q to put them behind a Neutronium tile.

I bet you work in nuclear waste management in real life

The 4 tile pit works like a charm. Can even reuse the storage. Simply deconstruct the tile and replace it with horizontal pneumatic door. The seeds fall right through it... You can even set the storage to mealwood seeds only on autosweep and just empty it when it's fool

Archived