rechargeable touchstone + gravestone zombie res

hey there

I was thinking it would be a great addition to make touchstones rechargeable using souls and meat in order to extend the life of the touch stone (maybe make it so the pig heads are fixed and get dead face on them) with a maximum of 4 charges. the player would then have to recharge the touchstone each time in order to add another life (with a maximum of 4 charges)

and resurrecting at a gravestone as a zombie would be cool

Back then, touchstones in DST used to be a one-time deal for everyone across the server, so they did become rechargeable later on.

If you were to become a zombie after using one, what would this entail? Would it be entirely cosmetic? What penalties would there be for becoming one?

On 10/22/2017 at 12:24 PM, TheKingDedede said:

Back then, touchstones in DST used to be a one-time deal for everyone across the server, so they did become rechargeable later on.

If you were to become a zombie after using one, what would this entail? Would it be entirely cosmetic? What penalties would there be for becoming one?

I think I really need to explain more what I was trying to achieve.

At the moment, if you close out of the world, and come back into it and you've previously used the touchstone its dead and gone. I understand Sinister_Fang has a valid point

On 10/21/2017 at 8:35 AM, Sinister_Fang said:

The touchstones have always been one time use. And I don't see the need to change that when you have better options like meat effigies, life giving amulets and telltale hearts.

But on the other hand for new players who don't know how to use the game it might be worth having popup text that says its run out or "you've used it up" or something so people know. Or maybe not having the touchstone animation regenerate at all for the player so you can see you've used it and broken it completely.

The zombie reference was to using gravestones (ie. the graveyards) as a way to resurrect if you don't have a base setup already instead of having to run all the way back to the portal. I have been caught several times, no touchstones in sight; nightfall and the only thing close is a tombstone (day 2 or 3). I'd think that the Zombie Skin + additional sanity drain, and some additional perks would be a nice touch.

Maybe have something fun where the player can infect other players, becoming a target for nightmare fuel collection (maybe drop extra nightmare fuels, zombie head) ? The zombie look removed at the following full moon (like a sickness) or on death.

Something that you could use again and again would be great, maybe not the touchstone but zombies would be cool especially if they could have some abilities like transforming standard trees into totally normal trees, make evil flowers, pools of fouling (supplies rot instead of fish) etc.

But also maybe have generic zombie mob as well, only happen at full moon like the werewolf's.

I think DST can live without the need to add one of the most generic, uninspired creatures to the game. And it doesn't need another revival mechanic when DST is forgiving enough already. Especially on endless mode. In DS if you died without a plan B, that was it. Your entire world was gone.

Although, keeping the touchstone broken for players who already used it is a good idea. Just earlier today I had to explain to someone that touchstones were a one time use.

Archived