Somehow created "Glass" - any purpose to it?

So my Liquid Tepidizer went into overkill mode and completely nuked some contaminated water I had. It's somehow also created glass at 500 degrees centigrade as well as entombed itself and the adjacent liquid pump. Can anything be done with glass right now? Maybe repair those light fixtures in the hidden labs?

20171016221917_1.jpg

24 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

It's useless, like all refined materials.

It's created when sand melts. Sand is created from dirt which is deposited by boiling polluted water.

But how does sand melt but no damage to the tepidizer?

Oh yeah, the tepidizer definitely overheated. I built it with Gold Amalgam, which ups it to 175 degrees max before overheat. I watched it spike 700 degrees within seconds, then cool down just as quickly. Honestly surprised it's still functional. I think tepidizers, aquatuners and regulators go a bit over-the-top in the HEAT of the moment...!

SeeWhatIDidThereOfCourseYouDidCauseICapitalizedTheWordToMakeSureOfIt

In all seriousness though, I wonder what applications glass would have in the future...

I could think of something like an Algae Farm, since in real life you can grow Algae in big glass tubes.

It would need an water supply, also i like how Klei does the thing, cause there is never only one way to have your base, so it would make sense (at last for me, dunno if for you) that there is another way of getting Algae then just mining it or in late game farming slime thru Puffs and converting it into Algae.

Also I would like the Pacu to eat Algae since some Fish do this.

Right now, if you spawn Pacu in thru Debug, it poops out Ferti from time to time but I thing that is a little bit OP since you dont have to do anything to get Ferti from them, then to just keep them in Water.

So the mashine could need glass and also it could be done that you can build more tubes the more glass you have, like you can find resources for 2 Tubes in every world, and if you want more, you have to make glass yourself.

Glass tubes should also be unable to go thru tiles, this way you would need to build your base bigger for more space as a downside.
And at the and of all tubes you have to put a slot or vent where the Algae drops out, so you could put it right above the Pacu Tank to feed them with it and they would produce Ferti.

Does this make sense? I hope it does, sorry english isnt my native language

Archived