auto-sweep tiles

So simple that I'm sure it's been suggested.  On tiles, add a priority slider and a check box for auto sweep.  So if it's a floor tile where you expect dupes to constantly walk or stand on, you'd want to make sure that's cleared of debris whenever possible.

2 hours ago, Botaxalim said:

Well you could make storage and set it, so dupe can gather nearest mats lying around floor

That job is colony-wide though.  So you wouldn't want to set it at a very high priority as that would swamp everyone with menial tasks.  Whereas setting a few high-traffic tiles to priority 7 auto sweep wouldn't have the same issue.

edit:  not to mention the fact that storage tasks are item-type specific whereas sweep tasks are not.  A sweep task is essentially a global storage task that applies to all of them, but at a higher priority.

I dont see any benefit from clearing debris over and over, can you give me exact example? And adding priorities number on tiles can disturb wire or pipe queue build on priorities overlay. Since i swoop every useless mats on base, i dont need doing it again for second time. For seeds and food drop from plants, there already dedicated storage with high priorities near them

That's a good point about the priorities overlay. 

As for specific examples, the tiles under cots and research stations in the early game while still aggressively digging around, though I guess that just saves a few clicks to manually sweep an area after digging above it.  It would also be useful in cooking areas but storage priority handles that okay.

Everyone have different playstyle,  for early game, i dont really care about clutter around my bases until i walled up entire base as i planned. And few painting or statue negate easily bad decor from debris, as the decor requierment for dupe is not that high at early. Well i dont jugde anyone how to play because some people have aesthetic style.

Another trick for sweeping stuff, you can set in jobs windows top right screen, maybe disable half of sweep job from your dupe, so you can have dedicated sweeper, and dont hinder other dupe from building and diggin. Sorry , not saying your idea is bad, but we already have few same tools as you describe, cheers :D

I'd like this feature as well, it would mainly be for the bottoms of ladders, and high-traffice entrances to the base, that tend to get cluttered with litter over time.  Possibly could also be used in farms, though I'm not sure I would ever use it that way.   I think it might be better set as a zone using a special tool, though using a tile setting might work too.

But even more than that, I'd really like to see a sweep filter, so that I can sweep just the stuff I want out of piles of junk, rather than having to tediously go through it and select/deselect the things I want/don't want.

In a similar vein, there should be the option to forbid debris items from dupe access, like in rimworld.  You could use this option to prevent dupes from diving into water to grab mineral for a task or to make sure the hatch fodder pile isn't accessible .

Archived