why power mechanized airlocks?

9 minutes ago, Botaxalim said:

Dont you think it will be efficient set their job on job panel top right , for spesific like sweep, dig ,etc

Ideally you use a combination of both. But the jobs tab is not granular enough. Often I will want a dupe to do one thing one place but not another place. Tending mushrooms, for example. I want them to deliver and harvest. I want as small a group of them to focus on it with priority. I don't need my farmers carting around abyssalite or iron unless they are no farm chores left, and I don't want everyone else running to the far corners of the asteroid do one job then see a farm job priority and run all the way back.

On 10/14/2017 at 9:05 PM, Whispershade said:

At any rate, back to the original topic. I had the same question as you so I was curious how people would respond. I asked about it when they first expanded access controls across all doors. I hope that they make mechanized doors remote controlled through power so that you can make auto opening/closing doors with switches or something, personally.

I know it might be an annoying advertise, but as I've seen a lot of requests for remote doors around the forum and on reddit I've already implemented basic remote doors in my modification :) (See below)

On 10/14/2017 at 10:04 PM, eloy2030 said:

Yes, please! make those already!

I feel the mechanics are already implemented, so...

side note 2: I do enjoy a heated discussion...;)

On 10/13/2017 at 8:13 PM, Risu said:

Not a bug. They just never bothered to change the unpowered speed.
The code for changing speed is fully functional, it just does nothing observable.

I suspect they are on the fence about whether the door should even exist at this point.

Yes they are, that's why I've decided to reuse this functionality in my mod ;)

@Lifegrow I know that you've heard about my mod , but maybe you've missed the "new" functionality :p

Unless you all prefer to not use any mods ;)

@Saturnus Basically the mod allows mechanized airlocks to be in one of three states:

• No wire connected - the door acts like vanilla mechanized airlock.
  • Wire connected, no power - the door is open.
  • Wire connected, power applied - the door is closed.

A demonstration video, where switch closes the door when it detects liquid, but there are many more uses:

giphy.gif

Archived