Alt + Z Super speed not playable since OU

I was able to run super speed on the same specs during AU, but it's unplayable for OU beta and OU alpha. Super speed FPS drops to like 1-3 when activated.

I'm running at 75% CPU and 25% memory on triple speed, while running video programs and firefox in the background. I go to activate super speed and the CPU load actually drops to 50% because the program is so bugged and dysfunctional. I even tried super speed at the beginning of a new colony and it still does not work.

Anyone else having the same problem? It's not a hardware issue since I'd expect hardware usage to max out if it couldn't handle the load.

Yeah. The problem is actually even worse than just low frame rate. The game mechanics also work completely differently at super-speed now. Something that heats or cools using any standard game speed suddenly behaves very strangely at super-speed, and generally doesn't work at all. It is the same on my i7 based laptop with both internal graphics and 1060 external graphics, and my Xeon based workstation with dual Vega FE. So definitely not hardware related.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

Yeah. The problem is actually even worse than just low frame rate. The game mechanics also work completely differently at super-speed now. Something that heats or cools using any standard game speed suddenly behaves very strangely at super-speed, and generally doesn't work at all. It is the same on my i7 based laptop with both internal graphics and 1060 external graphics, and my Xeon based workstation with dual Vega FE. So definitely not hardware related.

I see. This really sucks because the game is incredibly boring and time consuming after cycle 50 once you have stabilized food, temperature and oxygen. Turning super speed on to speed up fun projects was critical to getting to cycle 500-1000 while still having fun. There was a chance you could still die if you looked away for 10 minutes and everyone is dead due to the equation being unbalanced somewhere.

There is still instant build as an alternative, but that basically removes the "simulation" part of the game.

Anyone know any other alternatives?

5 hours ago, Saturnus said:

The game mechanics also work completely differently at super-speed now.

Because no simulator ticks are being dropped any more.

For reference at 1x speed the simulator is called every 15 frames at 60 fps. This gives a bit of room to play catch up. At Alt+Z speed the simulator is called every 1 frame at 60 fps. This is the last point where the game can ever be stable. Go ahead and try to play on Ctrl+U. That's double the speed of Alt+Z.

On 10/13/2017 at 12:40 PM, Risu said:

Because no simulator ticks are being dropped any more.

For reference at 1x speed the simulator is called every 15 frames at 60 fps. This gives a bit of room to play catch up. At Alt+Z speed the simulator is called every 1 frame at 60 fps. This is the last point where the game can ever be stable. Go ahead and try to play on Ctrl+U. That's double the speed of Alt+Z.

Hi there, can we get a translator? This is some moon speak, thanks for your explanation, none the less. netSd69.gif

Archived