Big massive killer trees

I make mine, who I've yet to name (and yes I consider him "mine") angry by whacking the little baby trees I plant nearby him. I don't even have to chop them down. Just one swing and he "rolls out".

Edited by burfl

Yep, I was chopping down the forest and he woke up. I didn't have pigs with me. I've only bribed pigs once ever and it was because I had monster meat. So I led them to the swamp to die, effectively transforming that monster meat into piggy meat :)

Ye im on Toasters line on this one. Though I cant comfirm or deny it. First time you need to chop optimus, after that it is enough to chop his friends.Also, if he is sleeping, he makes a noise when you plant a pine cone near him. Not sure if this is true before you find him the first time. But if it is. Just plant a cone before you start chopping to make sure he isnt around.Im testing this as we speak, will report back if I find anything out.

I'm also curious: I have noticed now that, even as he sleeps, my treeguard will show "Examine Treeguard" or "Attack" if holding a tool, even an axe (rather than "Chop"). I wonder if this is the case prior to his first awakening?

Toaster, have you any idea what you're asking of me? HahaIf they do show up before awakening, then what you ask is that I wander through the forest examining every single tree. But what if they don't? What if they show up as a regular tree until awakened for the first time? How on earth am I to find out then? The best I can think of is checking every tree in an area, then chopping some. Then move on to the next area and repeat.Sounds alot more fun to me to just keep experimenting with my current treeguard. I already know he's one :)