Hey Guys, so I have a Question that keeps bugging me lately.
Some of you may have seen that since the Outbreak Update, Debug Mode looks, well, lets say different.
You have now more fure like to destroy things, delete all things on the ground or, what I am now talking about, using the Paste Template and spawning things in like a Geysir etc.

Now its also possible to spawn in things that you have saved like a whole Medical Section or Compactors with Food etc.

I have saved quiet some things, trying them out in many worlds, since I jump from world to world more often then I walk my Dog, creating the best way for me to cool down Geysir and so on.

Now I would like to delete some of my saves, since some have become useless or dispensable.

And long Story short, here is my question:

How do I delete something I saved in the Paste Template Section?

Thanks for all your answers and help!

Simply find your templates directory with explorer and delete/rename the files from there.

Your templates dir should be somewhere like this: E:\STEAM\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\templates

The beginning of the path will most likely be different on your machine.

If you rename files, you may also want to rename the header part inside the file which also includes the name, but it doesn't seem to have an impact when name of file differ with that. The game seems to take the file name for displaying in the debug painter.

On 28.9.2017 at 2:31 AM, manu_x32 said:

Simply find your templates directory with explorer and delete/rename the files from there.

Your templates dir should be somewhere like this: E:\STEAM\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\templates

The beginning of the path will most likely be different on your machine.

If you rename files, you may also want to rename the header part inside the file which also includes the name, but it doesn't seem to have an impact when name of file differ with that. The game seems to take the file name for displaying in the debug painter.

Thank you for your answer, sadly I seem to not have the files named "OxygenNotIncluded_Data" "StreamingAssets" and so on

The only files I have in my OxygenNotIncluded Game file are "save_files" "
WorldGenDataSave.dat" "WorldGenSimSave.dat" and debug_enable.txt

42 minutes ago, Histekia said:

Thank you for your answer, sadly I seem to not have the files named "OxygenNotIncluded_Data" "StreamingAssets" and so on

The only files I have in my OxygenNotIncluded Game file are "save_files" "
WorldGenDataSave.dat" "WorldGenSimSave.dat" and debug_enable.txt

Just checking (because otherwise IDK how to help), you use Windows and Steam right? If so, then your problem is that you're in the wrong OxygenNotIncluded directory. You're looking at the one in your documents. You need to go to the one where steam is.

Again, YOU are HERE:

C:\Users\(Your Name)\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded

You NEED to be HERE:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\templates

This is assuming you installed stuff in all the default locations -- substitute accordingly if you don't.

On 30.9.2017 at 9:28 PM, Byste said:

Just checking (because otherwise IDK how to help), you use Windows and Steam right? If so, then your problem is that you're in the wrong OxygenNotIncluded directory. You're looking at the one in your documents. You need to go to the one where steam is.

Again, YOU are HERE:

C:\Users\(Your Name)\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded

You NEED to be HERE:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\templates

This is assuming you installed stuff in all the default locations -- substitute accordingly if you don't.

Thanks you were right, I was in the wrong one.
But weird how the only one my pc was showing when I typed "OxygenNotIncluded" into search was the one in Klei
Following your written down Path really helped me, thank you very much!

Archived