Auto Compiler Deletes scml.exe

Hey there, ladies and gents. I've tried many things to fix this, but my auto compiler isn't making any .zip files for my WIP mod. I've tried fixing this problem myself in various ways for at least a dozen hours straight at this point. I've included the mod, so if anyone more experienced than I could take a look and let me know what it is I'm doing wrong, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Arthro knife.zip

58 minutes ago, ptr said:

The folder names and file paths in your sprite project have been messed up completely. You should put all the image resources in the correct position when creating the project.

Really? I thought the structure was pretty solid, based off of this guide. Is there any way I could improve it?

I'm not sure, but maybe the structure wasn't right at the start and you changed it later, but spriter doesn't like change when the project already exist. Sometimes you need to recreate a clean project.

It's how i understand ptr post, but i could be wrong.

Update:

So in my attempts to instead make a new character, it seems that the coding within the character template is not compatible with my compiler. Here's a screencap of the errors:

466f9068e2eb709a78ba7ad60bdcf26d.png

The fact that I also tried to compile this mod on my laptop confirms that this is a problem with the coding, yet I don't know what I can do to fix this. Attached is the .zip file for my mod.

Oh, and in the mod_tools folder, my png.exe and scml.exe delete themselves when I run the auto compiler. Here's a screencap of the compiler's response to this:

6efb6c9f3cd8fba37b9b1c38c09e8a78.png

Verifying the tool's integrity or even completely re-installing it on Steam does nothing but break it even more. I've had to constantly replace the Don't Starve Mod Tools folder with a new one from my laptop in order to see if it would actually compile.

@JoeW Could you lend a hand with this, please?

Evan4.zip

Edited by Arthro

Please, it's better to not mention Klei's member except for problems that people can't help you to solve.
No one even got a chance to look at your character mod to see if the error isn't an obvious one.

Your .zip file seems to be empty.

34 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Please, it's better to not mention Klei's member except for problems that people can't help you to solve.
No one even got a chance to look at your character mod to see if the error isn't an obvious one.

Your .zip file seems to be empty.

I mentioned him because my files seem to be deleting themselves in the mod_tools, and I assumed that would be important enough to get the attention of a developer. Sorry about that, I'm just eager to get this mod finished as soon as possible for a friend of mine.

Oh, and yeah, it was empty. I forgot to put the mod inside. Heh. 

Evan4.zip

1 hour ago, Arthro said:

I assumed that would be important enough to get the attention of a developer.

My apologies, i misread that part. Yes, it could.

I found the error. You need to change the content of the hair and hair-hat folder. For whatever reason something is wrong and this make the compiling fail. I suggest you to copy the original file (from the template) and try to modify them and see if it's better.

6 hours ago, Lumina said:

You need to change the content of the hair and hair-hat folder. 

Indeed, the problem is the optimizing module doesn't support indexed color, you need convert the last image (hair-3/hair_hat-3) into RGB color.

like this one:hair-3.zip

Just now, ptr said:

Indeed, the problem is the optimizing module doesn't support indexed color, you need convert the last image (hair-3/hair_hat-3) into RGB color.

like this one:hair-3.zip

I think I understand now. My images, for some odd reason, are not in RGB color. The hair-3.png you've supplied worked like a charm, yet the pigtails are causing an error now. 

b6608175fbeb119fdaa5861e6a1916fb.png

How would I fix them?

5 hours ago, Lumina said:

Do you have the file in the folder ? If yes, try copying the one of the original template, in the folder esctemplate_cleared/hairpigtails

If this image isn't working, then i don't know.

That's exactly what I needed to do!

6339802f235bf0323ad9bcf1bba310b8.png

But there's still the issue of my mod_tools files deleting themselves. I really want to continue modding, but It will be such a pain to constantly transfer the files to and from my laptop just to compile them.

For anyone who would like to see it, here's the (pretty much) finished mod I've made:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1150595402

However, I've still got one unsolved issue. The knife tool still has the name UNKNOWN ITEM, despite me already defining its name. Could someone help me out with that, please?

oh yeah and png.exe/scml.exe still delete themselves but i'm just using my laptop to mod now so whatever

I went from not understanding anything to do with modding to having a pretty firm grasp in under a week. If anyone new to this feels discouraged, I believe you can make that mod of yours.

Edited by Arthro