Question about character body parts

So I was working on a character mod a while ago but ran into a bit of a snag and recently am trying to finish it but I'm not sure how to solve the issue. The character has a cloak on that drapes behind their back, however the torso body part appears in front of the arms ruining the intended effect. I vaguely remember reading someone talking about making custom body parts/animations a while ago but I don't know how feasible that is. Basically I'm wondering if there is any good ways to go about this (having the cloak part behind the character completely) or if I'm out of luck.

I have some concept drawings of the character if I'm not really making sense what I'm trying to do.

Edited by bluecube

You can make this cape to its very own prefab with its own anim then set the player as it's parent to follow it & adjust its angle to be on the player exactly, I think torch does something similar with its fire fx following the wood part, but I don't know how that would look if another player is looking at you from a different angle than you since torches only have 1 side.

I can't promise something like this would work though, & it probably be complicated. It probably be much less hassle to just work with what you got like what you said.

Edited by SuperDavid

3 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

You can make this cape to its very own prefab with its own anim then set the player as it's parent to follow it & adjust its angle to be on the player exactly, I think torch does something similar with its fire fx following the wood part, but I don't know how that would look if another player is looking at you from a different angle than you since torches only have 1 side.

I can't promise something like this would work though, & it probably be complicated. It probably be much less hassle to just work with what you got like what you said.

Yeah I was hoping it wouldn't be to complicated, thanks for the info though. I'll have to find some way to draw it that doesn't look quite as nice but I'll figure something out.