What I'd love to get my hands on one of these days is nothing more than a simple fan.  Pick one of the 4 cardinal directions, encourages any gas in its square or the one(s) in its path to move themselves over, possibly with a small cone.  I'd love to see it start at 1x1 with say 400g/s of force and end up at the end 5 squares later across 3-5 squares width with around 50g/s of force.

This would make a lot of advanced constructs much easier to assemble at a minor power cost, as well as help in early game by kicking CO2 off your plants and out of the bedrooms (or PO, whatever the problem is).  It would also give us a way to encourage pressure consistency without actually having to bring pressure into play mechanically.

Mechanically: The fan will encourage 400g/s of whatever gas is currently in its square into the next square over if the next square over has *less* than the current one contained.  There's already a set of rules for gas movement and distribution, this would simply accelerate it and create limits as to which direction it could flow.  Across its range if it runs into a gas that is not the same as the next gas over, it would encourage it to move it aside, and would certainly not come back towards the fan.  As the cone spreads out and you move away from the fan, g/s encouragement of movement would lessen significantly, until it gets to 50 g/s near the edge.

Archived