High-cycle save

51 minutes ago, Darkarma said:

Where did you get the save files from? Been trying to find the right folder.

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files

Thats a shortcut you can paste into explorer (windows). Have no idea where they are on mac but prob in the home folder somewhere.

Unfortunately it will be difficult for them, with so many different types of gaming rigs there will be a drop off somewhere, I will admit though with the introduction of the water pump I am getting about 20 FPS more on triple speed than I used to, but it will eventually slow down, the problem is the amount of dupes, with everything else, I think if you shortened your dupes to 10 your frames would go up.

On a side note I would never make it to cycle 500....I accept every dupe every time.... I would have 169 dupes I think my pc would melt.

1 hour ago, BlueLance said:

Unfortunately it will be difficult for them, with so many different types of gaming rigs there will be a drop off somewhere, I will admit though with the introduction of the water pump I am getting about 20 FPS more on triple speed than I used to, but it will eventually slow down, the problem is the amount of dupes, with everything else, I think if you shortened your dupes to 10 your frames would go up.

On a side note I would never make it to cycle 500....I accept every dupe every time.... I would have 169 dupes I think my pc would melt.

Yeah, OU seems better all around, but, as with the previous releases, every dupe after about 20 seems to put an exponential load on the system. 

16 minutes ago, Botaxalim said:

8 dupe 35% map digged 400 cycle, normal speed is like 20 fps. It feel my i5 processor not using all his core based information on task manager, 10 gb +ram used

IIRC it only uses 1 core, It was mentioned in a thread a while back, but I cannot guarantee if that is still the case.

I don't think RAM makes much of a difference either, I have 24gb of RAM and its hardly used by the game.

28 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

IIRC it only uses 1 core, It was mentioned in a thread a while back, but I cannot guarantee if that is still the case.

I don't think RAM makes much of a difference either, I have 24gb of RAM and its hardly used by the game.

I'm pretty sure it uses 2 hence the dual core requirement. I think it's split one for unity and one for the simulation.

it might just state dual core since most cpus are now dual core or more? Not entirely sure, in the thread the person who was questioning it had an 8 core and his CPU usage was something really small, Mines is a dual core but I usually play another game whilst ONI is running without any lag/consequence.

13 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

it might just state dual core since most cpus are now dual core or more? Not entirely sure, in the thread the person who was questioning it had an 8 core and his CPU usage was something really small, Mines is a dual core but I usually play another game whilst ONI is running without any lag/consequence.

I remember the game freezing with the UI still working, also dupes standing around doing nothing while waiting for a job to be assigned or pathing. Those kinds of things would be impossible or overly complicated to the point it makes no sense when using only one core.

If you are very curious on the exact number you can try using something like this to try to figure it out. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

But based on how the game acts, it has to be using at least 2.

Archived