Geysers of all Sizes

So I'm getting to a point where I may have to set the game down for a while and work out better water resource management but I'm finding that we may need more geysers of all types but of different sizes and outputs. That way you can have more geysers around the map, without vastly swamping things. The smaller the geyser, the more common it becomes.

I'm hoping that we perhaps get the ability to 'drill' a new well (into the back wall).  It'd be interesting if this showed up as a cracked area of similar size to the old geyser graphic.  It could drip small amounts of water when exposed.   The could be covered by natural tiles, encouraging the player to dig out areas exploring for them.  And as someone else suggested awhile back, there could be a ruins building that will point you in the direction of the nearest water well source.  To give another good thing to find in ruins.

The pump you have to place over it could be another >1kw building, requiring the player to trade significant power for more water.  Rather than just easily getting free water, as current geysers provide.

On 09/09/2017 at 3:28 PM, brummbar7 said:

I'm hoping that we perhaps get the ability to 'drill' a new well (into the back wall).  It'd be interesting if this showed up as a cracked area of similar size to the old geyser graphic.  It could drip small amounts of water when exposed.   The could be covered by natural tiles, encouraging the player to dig out areas exploring for them.  And as someone else suggested awhile back, there could be a ruins building that will point you in the direction of the nearest water well source.  To give another good thing to find in ruins.

The pump you have to place over it could be another >1kw building, requiring the player to trade significant power for more water.  Rather than just easily getting free water, as current geysers provide.

It could also show up as a hot spot on the thermal map, or a cold spot depending. Makes it stand out a lot I guess though

Archived