Uh... come on water, right this way, you can do it!

Water moves better down a stair step, not as well across a long flat section.  there's a little bit of fluid to the left of your clean water 'deluge', is that polluted water?  If so, it's blocking your deluge, just mop up the pwater than cancel the mop as the clean water moves across.

5 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

By the looks of it that is indeed polluted water. Small amounts of liquid will block other liquids, hopefully they'll find a way to fix or change that in the future.

Wasn't polluted water. Just debris from excavation. I eventually did cut a step and it collapsed and went down the hole I had dug. Still it did not want to move.

5 hours ago, Darkarma said:

This is the slowest flood I've seen.

Water flow can get blocked by a different element in the following tile if that element does not want to move away. Most often it's a puddle of the other kind of water, but second most frequent is a packet of heavy gas (usually carbon dioxide) sitting on the ground and not willing to move away to let the water through. That seems to be your case, the CO2 packet has the "deluge" on one side, and that small puddle of water on the other side, and it doesn't want to move one tile up. There seems to be another such packet between the two puddles, too. Moping the puddle may help as it will allow the CO2 to move horizontally and it's much more willing to do that than move up.

This happens less when the room doesn't have plenty of oxygen pushing the CO2 down, but heavy gasses go down and to the right, this is what is blocking your water unfortunately. Steped Stairs negate this usually, digging in from the right does as well, or below it, or using Gas Flow Tiles.

Archived