Gas Pump bug?

Yeah they're not supposed to be that hot. Maybe there's some uninsulated magma nearby that somehow ended up spawning in that area? Either way you'll have problems with a biome that hot next to your starting biome and I recommend building an abyssalite wall between it and your base as soon as possible. As for that natural gas geyser, you should try cooling it with a wheezewort (after isolating it from the hot biome) and don't start pumping out natural gas until the geyser has cooled down.

9 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

Yeah they're not supposed to be that hot. Maybe there's some uninsulated magma nearby that somehow ended up spawning in that area? Either way you'll have problems with a biome that hot next to your starting biome and I recommend building an abyssalite wall between it and your base as soon as possible. As for that natural gas geyser, you should try cooling it with a wheezewort (after isolating it from the hot biome) and don't start pumping out natural gas until the geyser has cooled down.

this geyser is near my starting area...

2 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Natural gas is 150C when it erupts from the geyser. This quickly stabilize to 144C and continues to drop from there even if enclosed completely in neutronium or abyssalite.

Gold Amalgan allow us to reach 125C without overheating, and theres nothing that allowing above that...

How we will use it directly now?

12 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Natural gas is 150C when it erupts from the geyser. This quickly stabilize to 144C and continues to drop from there even if enclosed completely in neutronium or abyssalite.

Is there Heat destruction ? It is an interesting fact.

You have to actively cool it

16 minutes ago, Cilya said:

Is there Heat destruction ? It is an interesting fact.

It seems so. All geysers went gas at the exact same temperature, ie. 150C (very close to that, @Risu will have to confirm the setting in the code as I use debug mode to test it to see what actually is happening). Steam naturally drops very fast because there's also water coming out of that geyser, chlorine drops about 2.2 times faster in temperature than natural gas but the fact remains that there is a continuous and stable temperature drop, ie. heat loss, when the geyer is fully gassed off even when encased completely in neutronium or abyssalite insulated tiles.

EDIT: After running it for a few more cycles I realized what was happening was that the geyser itself has mass and temperature, so the gas is heating up the geyser. That the reason for the temperature drop.

Summa summarum, you need to actively cool geysers.

22 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

All geysers went gas at the exact same temperature, ie. 150C (very close to that, @Risu will have to confirm the setting in the code as I use debug mode to test it to see what actually is happening).

Yeah all the geysers emit gas at 150C. Water is emitted at 95C.

4 minutes ago, Risu said:

Yeah all the geysers emit gas at 150C. Water is emitted at 95C.

You happen to remember the setting for how much water is emitted in each eruption, and do you know if it's affected by the same timing bug that lowers the gas output from geysers as well? Because then we can calculate the equilibrium temperature, ie. what the effective temperature of the water is once gas temperature differential from the steam is fully transferred.

The gas cools very quickly.  I have a similar area near my startup but my room is 3 times as tall as that with my pump at the bottom.  The gas at the top is ~140.  Much cooler at the bottom.  The only thing that fails is the wire bridge I have built for the pump power.

Just now, BDelacroix said:

The gas cools very quickly.  I have a similar area near my startup but my room is 3 times as tall as that with my pump at the bottom.  The gas at the top is ~140.  Much cooler at the bottom.  The only thing that fails is the wire bridge I have built for the pump power.

As you use the gas it will eventually break once the geyser itself has heated up. If you have encased it in abyssalite tiles as most people do.

29 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

You happen to remember the setting for how much water is emitted in each eruption, and do you know if it's affected by the same timing bug that lowers the gas output from geysers as well? Because then we can calculate the equilibrium temperature, ie. what the effective temperature of the water is once gas temperature differential from the steam is fully transferred.

Looking for 725 kg of water after one eruption. 688.75 kg if it gets bugged.

Edit: If my math is right it should be an average of 6491.4554 kW for the steam geyser.
I'm assuming that the temperature differences don't matter as the mass is created out of nothing.

154.52 kW for natural gas geyser. 33.852 kW for chlorine.

Just now, Risu said:

Looking for 725 kg of water after one eruption. 688.75 kg if it gets bugged.

Oddly enough I get 760.9kg on average after counting 5 eruptions. Note that I deleted steam eruptions in between, and didn't count them if they overlapped. Steam and water eruptions seem to be on different timers.

So that suggests that the timer is turning off water eruptions too late as my average number 760.9 is very close to 725*2-688.75, or 761.25

5 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

So that suggests that the timer is turning off water eruptions too late as my average number 760.9 is very close to 725*2-688.75, or 761.25

Well guess that is good news if it can randomly be late or early one second. Should balance out then.

Archived