A few questions

Okay I have been playing for a while and can't get much past cycle 100.

Does anyone know the best way to lure pufts into a pen?

How can we get rid of chlorine?

Is there a way of emptying the bio distiller as there was 3,000 kg of algae in it? They also don't seem to want to produce a lot of algae or poluted water and they seem to have idle points every so often (not very efficient)

Thanks in advance.

17 minutes ago, kryst415987 said:

How can we get rid of chlorine?

Simplest approach is to let it settle in a pit below your base.

More advanced approach is to filter it out of the air, send it to a separate room, and turn it to liquid so it does not take up too much space. That can be done with a wheezewort in a room behind granite wall - wheezewort can drive the air around it down to -60 and chlorine is liquid at that temperature. You can't place the wheezewort into the chlorine, though, as it will not drive the temperature below condensation point of the gas it is in.

20 minutes ago, kryst415987 said:

Is there a way of emptying the bio distiller as there was 3,000 kg of algae in it? They also don't seem to want to produce a lot of algae or poluted water and they seem to have idle points every so often (not very efficient)

That sounds like some bugs to me - the distiller should be releasing algae in about 10 kg chunks. The idle points are also strange, perhaps check if you don't have your pipes blocked and if they get enough power.

40 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

I'm not sure if it's true but I heard that they will move to areas with polluted oxygen if there is none near them

From my observations this both is and isn't true. If there is no polluted oxygen for them to consume they will continue to move around randomly, but when they find polluted oxygen they'll stop to suck some of it up, move a short distance and attempt to suck more up, usually after 3 intake animations they'll puff up and float directly up. They'll often get stuck in pockets of hydrogen this way.

So to say this more succinctly, they don't appear to intentionally move towards pockets of polluted oxygen, but their behavior will cause them to favor floating over such pockets.

8 hours ago, BlueLance said:

I dont know why but i only ever see my pufts poop out slime when they come into contact with Clean oxygen? is this true or just from my limited observations?

Pufts will only emit slime if the surrounding air pressure is below 1800g I believe. 

On 28/07/2017 at 6:05 PM, Lifegrow said:

Pufts will only emit slime if the surrounding air pressure is below 1800g I believe. 

ah...if that's the case then that would explain a lot...i think the room was somewhere in the 10kg+ when i finally managed to trap it in there

On 27/07/2017 at 2:44 PM, Kasuha said:

Simplest approach is to let it settle in a pit below your base.

More advanced approach is to filter it out of the air, send it to a separate room, and turn it to liquid so it does not take up too much space. That can be done with a wheezewort in a room behind granite wall - wheezewort can drive the air around it down to -60 and chlorine is liquid at that temperature. You can't place the wheezewort into the chlorine, though, as it will not drive the temperature below condensation point of the gas it is in.

That sounds like some bugs to me - the distiller should be releasing algae in about 10 kg chunks. The idle points are also strange, perhaps check if you don't have your pipes blocked and if they get enough power.

Okay I'll try that and thanks for the help

Archived