You have art skills but poor coding abilities? Enter and have a seat.

Hi there,

to give a bit of background, I was actively modding for DST a while ago (almost 2 years now? I'm not getting any younger...) but stopped due to other obligations and a lack of art skills which were making the process of modding for me more and more painful. I eventually gave up on modding because I did not find any more pleasure in doing so. I am about as talented to produce artwork as a mussel. I can find my way around when it comes to coding though and that's the part I enjoy.

I recently started playing DST again and decided I want to give a second shot a modding. I am currently working on optimizing and updating the code of my old mods since some of them needed to get a bit of clean-up.

I'd like to find somebody who find him/herself in the opposite situation. Gifted with drawing/animating but not able to produce much when it comes to writing lines of codes.

I'd like to finally get a decent artwork for my main mod(s) and work on new stuffs.

Here is a list of what I produced and which could use the help of somebody who can actually use a pen (virtual or not) to produce sprites without hurting himself in the process.

The Archery Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=488009136

The Sentries Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=508739792 (there is a s but there is actually currently only 1 type of sentry)

The Mining Machine Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=516523980

So if you'd like to give it a shot, please let me know.

Edited by ZupaleX

Wait you're the one who made the archery mod? that's one of my most favorite mods. XD. I can't draw completely in the DST art style but I can draw up some sprites for you. I'm not a pro artist but I can draw pretty well. and you already know I cannot code XD.

Edited by Andreasgamming

welp i'm a good artist but i suk at coding 

here examples of some of my simple art =w=;

1491775799.dokara_nodicks32.jpg

1496409659.dokara_free_ych1.png

for coding ?

;w; i might have summoned **** by accident on the game ground from the broken code

I'm not a good artist by any means & in my opinion I think my art is not that better than yours, but here's how I would draw a bow & arrow which I made by looking at your bow & arrow :wilson_dorky:.

Spoiler

bow_basic, arrow_basic_black, arrow_basic_red, arrow_basic_blue, arrow_basic_yellow.png 

So, here's a Basic Bow made out of twigs, a cloth handle made out of cutgrass, & silk for a bowstring. There's also basic arrows which I thought would be cool that depending on the feather you use to craft an arrow they look different & might even have a subtle different effect than an other feather, I thought that would be cooler than a generic white feather :wilson_smile:!

EDIT: I drew it with a mouse just in case you wanted to know xD.

Edited by SuperDavid

3 minutes ago, Kronas said:

welp i'm a good artist but i suk at coding 

here examples of some of my simple art =w=;

1491775799.dokara_nodicks32.jpg

1496409659.dokara_free_ych1.png

for coding ?

;w; i might have summoned **** by accident on the game ground from the broken code

Your link are broken I cannot see the images.

1 minute ago, SuperDavid said:

I'm not a good artist by any means & in my opinion I think my art is not that better than yours, but here's how I would draw a bow & arrow which I made by looking at your bow & arrow :wilson_dorky:.

Hide contents

bow_basic, arrow_basic_black, arrow_basic_red, arrow_basic_blue, arrow_basic_yellow.png 

So, here's a Basic Bow made out of twigs, a cloth handle made out of cutgrass, & silk for a bowstring. There's also basic arrows which I thought would be cool that depending on the feather you use to craft an arrow they look different & might even have a subtle different effect than an other feather, I thought that would be cooler than a generic white feather :wilson_smile:!

This actually looks much better than my current artwork. The only thing I am almost happy with is my quiver.

About the arrows, actually according to the feather you use the arrow will be different (black = classic, red = fire arrows, blue = ice arrows).

But I like the idea of actually be able to make a basic arrow from any feather and only the head used to craft the arrow would give it a special effect. My only complain here would be that the shaft is not thick enough. This is a problem I have with the current arrow sprites, it looks too thin in-game :)

4 minutes ago, ZupaleX said:

Your link are broken I cannot see the images.

This actually looks much better than my current artwork. The only thing I am almost happy with is my quiver.

About the arrows, actually according to the feather you use the arrow will be different (black = classic, red = fire arrows, blue = ice arrows).

But I like the idea of actually be able to make a basic arrow from any feather and only the head used to craft the arrow would give it a special effect. My only complain here would be that the shaft is not thick enough. This is a problem I have with the current arrow sprites, it looks too thin in-game :)

here direct link then u3u;

1 full body

gift art to someone

a free slot for my watchers on my art page u3u;

Edited by Kronas