Dupes have gained sentience help

ok so ignore that title ha

I'm just gonna assume these are bugs since they don't seem to be intentionally programed in (but if they are it's good AI)

I've had some dupes do some...odd things lately.

• a Bubbles got surprised by a puft that went into the shower while she was showering and tried to get the other dupes to kill it for her. I had to tell them to stop (I was busy working on base layout and food harvesting and didn't tell them to attack it)
  • a Nikola looked confused after I spawned something in with debug commands next to him and stopped what he was doing

I know the second one's just a coincidence :p but I'm wondering about what caused the first one cause I don't want my dupes trying to kill random mobs unless I tell them to.

1 hour ago, mf99k said:

a Bubbles got surprised by a puft that went into the shower while she was showering and tried to get the other dupes to kill it for her. I had to tell them to stop (I was busy working on base layout and food harvesting and didn't tell them to attack it)

Well if you walked into a shower while a woman was using it, wouldn't she want everyone to attack you?

5 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

Well if you walked into a shower while a woman was using it, wouldn't she want everyone to attack you?

Well no, because then everyone else would have walked in on her too, then they would all die except for her, unless from embarrassment.

6 hours ago, mf99k said:

Aa Nikola looked confused after I spawned something in with debug commands next to him and stopped what he was doing

I know the second one's just a coincidence :p but I'm wondering about what caused the first one cause I don't want my dupes trying to kill random mobs unless I tell them to.

If you used Ctrl + Q Sometimes dupes will focus their attention to that area, I had my game crash after having 30 dupes all run to a hatch i moved once.... it was horrendous

Just now, BlueLance said:

If you used Ctrl + Q Sometimes dupes will focus their attention to that area, I had my game crash after having 30 dupes all run to a hatch i moved once.... it was horrendous

I didn't use ctrl+Q :p

Archived