[Solved] Quick fix for missing "burnt" anim?

Hi all,

I've been using the Large chest mod for some time and only just realised, that when such chest burns, it becomes invisible, because the used bank (pandoras_chest_large) doesn't have a "burnt" anim.

Can someone suggest a quick fix for this? I'd be fine with just using the in-game effects to add 'black highlight" to the chest, but I don't see where or how to define what should happen when chest burns down...

Edited by myxal
Add [Solved] tag

Yeah, that would work too I guess, but looking at the code, there's no particular part that says what to do when the chest is burnt, or what anim should be used - I guess this all done by common in-game code?

I'm getting the impression that it would be easier to take the assets for pandoras_chest, actually add a "burnt" texture and animation state, and use that for the mod.

I guess that maybe it use symbols ? So when the structure is burnt it replace it with the "burnt" anim ? Like it works for armor and stuff like this (replacing a part of the body with a symbol)

All right, having looked at how the widgetsetup is overriden in cr4shmaster's Magic Pouch mod, I replaced the onburnt method, to use the regular chest animation, scaled up:

local onburnt_old
local function onburnt_new(inst)
    inst.AnimState:SetBank("chest")
    inst.AnimState:SetBuild("treasure_chest")
    inst.AnimState:SetScale(1.7,1.7)
    onburnt_old(inst)
end
local function fn()
    MakeSmallBurnable(inst, nil, nil, true)
    MakeMediumPropagator(inst)
    onburnt_old = inst.components.burnable.onburnt
    inst.components.burnable:SetOnBurntFn(onburnt_new)

Edited by myxal