Container Improvements

Hello, I would like to make a suggestion on the storage compactors.

Could it be possible to have a value beside each item entry that states the max allowed that container can hold of that resource?

This would allow for such things as having filtration mats near by at various locations.

Also, could you add an option to the item in the container as to trash.  So that any such item going in that container marked as trash would just be deleted from the game instead of taking up storage space.

I find that I am making special containers that hold nothing but the stuff I have 3+ compactors full off set to sweep only, and then when I tell it to hold nothing all the stuff falls out on the ground, and having a dup remove the floor tile allows all that 20k of sandstone or dirt or what ever you have way to much of falls into a pit you have setup the dups cannot reach.  Heh.  Also, works nice when you can have a critter in the pit that will eat up all the mat over time.

I would also be handy to have various container colors you could pick from so you can know visually what each one is meant to store.

6 hours ago, MythN7 said:

Also, could you add an option to the item in the container as to trash.  So that any such item going in that container marked as trash would just be deleted from the game instead of taking up storage space.

No, as this would allow to delete matter.

3 hours ago, Masterpintsman said:

No, as this would allow to delete matter.

You can delete matter in the current game, ~300 kg at a time.

Build a row of insulated tiles out of that material, then overbuild it with normal tiles out of the same material. Repeat until you run out.

1 hour ago, Kasuha said:

You can delete matter in the current game, ~300 kg at a time.

Build a row of insulated tiles out of that material, then overbuild it with normal tiles out of the same material. Repeat until you run out.

That is IIRC a reported bug that is hopefully still on the todo list of the devs.

32 minutes ago, Masterpintsman said:

That is IIRC a reported bug that is hopefully still on the todo list of the devs.

I too hope it will get fixed but it is not yet. I'm commenting on current game state.

And don't forget about hatches. You can always feed hatches.

Archived