Atmo switch stuttering

So I set up an atmo switch at above 300 for a pump and it keeps activating for just a few seconds until the pressure drops below the threshold then cutting power. I'd like to be able to set it to start at 500 and not turn off until below 200 - or something.

Honestly I don't see the use case - IMHO the switch is there so we can set it at a level that the pump dosn't waste power (by pumping less that it could), simply by using it to set the lower cutoff point.

I would be all-in for an electrical switch so you could build your 200-500g setup out of two atmo switches and an electrical one (called  'relay' in the drawing, enable in the middle).

--power--+--atmo>200--(relay)--+-->pump
         |               |     |
         \--atmo>500-----+-----/

I think the case is mainly the annoying sound of the atmo switch stuttering on and off.  Which I agree with.  And why force the player to use 3 separate devices, when you could just ad an extra slider to the one that already exists?  The only real cases I see against is that it may be a bit confusing for some, or if it is a lot of code overhead for a rarely needed situation.   In my case it'd probably be mostly for maintaining farm room pressures: on below X, off above Y.  As opposed to the OP's need of off below X and on above Y.  You'd need two sliders, and they'd either each have a fixed on/off with above/below toggle, or they be fixed above/below, with on/off toggle.  two toggles per slider should be unnecessary and probably would be confusing.

5 minutes ago, brummbar7 said:

why force the player to use 3 separate devices, when you could just ad an extra slider to the one that already exists?

Because with separate device you can turn it on with atmo switch and turn it off with pressure sensor. Or do other tricks with just the relay, including building simple logic circuits.

But I'm also more on the side of adding the second slider. If necessary. After I checked that rapid switching on and off does not reduce performance of the pump, I don't mind if that happens.

8 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

Because with separate device you can turn it on with atmo switch and turn it off with pressure sensor. Or do other tricks with just the relay, including building simple logic circuits.

Ya, I mean I'm not opposed to having other devices.   I just don't see the point in forcing a player that wants to have this range control within one category, to use 3 devices when you could make the one device do it all.

Archived