Piping is currently blocked

How can I get out of this mess?

The system isn't working anymore... I guess because one bubble of dirty water entered the clean water system, however I'm not sure.

The dirty water keeps moving but won't go all the way to the water filter system. The clean water is pumping but won't go all the way to the toilets, etc...

Any suggestions?

Piping.PNG

I think it's probably caused by the pipe from your water purifier (green output) being connected to the pure water line - try disconnecting it and see if the pump flows again. Suggest you put a liquid filter next to your pump to prevent any more dirty packets :)

Good luck!

General rule of thumb is, always draw pipes from outputs to inputs. If you have a piece of pipe that has some outputs and some inputs on both ends, you should expect problems because such pipe doesn't know which way to send its contents.

You have inputs and outputs interleaved on both pipes in that picture. For the clean water part, disconnect the purifier where it is connected and using pipe bridge draw a new pipe that merges with the output from the pump before the pipe starts branching off to showers. Similar thing with the polluted water pipe.

12 hours ago, Kasuha said:

General rule of thumb is, always draw pipes from outputs to inputs. If you have a piece of pipe that has some outputs and some inputs on both ends, you should expect problems because such pipe doesn't know which way to send its contents.

This. Pump vs. the purifyer, scrubber+toilet vs. toilet +shower on the other side of the farm tiles.

To word Kasuha differently: Partition pipe networks using bridges into smaller subsections that each have a defined flow direction.

The line seems blocked because your Hydro Farm tiles are sucking up all the Polluted Water. The layout you have for your plumbing is designed inefficiently. Crops should always be at the end of a line, not the middle joined with other builds. Personally, I would remove them, but if you want to keep them there for a quick fix remove the pipes connecting the toilets to the Farm tiles and going to the Water Purifier. With the line going from the Shower just before the Farm Tile have the pipe go down one tile to connect the toilets and back up to the Purifier line.

The reason its happening is because plumbing builds with inputs are designed to draw in liquids like a vacuum. With you having 3 Hydro Tiles before the Water Purifier they have more collective suction than the Purifier, so no liquid is able to get past them.

Also you need a Liquid Filter just after your pump to remove the Polluted Water, so it won't jam up your system. Since I can't see a color pic I'm guessing that your water source is mixed. That one bubble of Polluted shouldn't cause a problem.

Your design should be: Pump > Scrubber > Purifier > Toilets & Shower > Crops

Archived