Gas powered grill

Right now, the advanced meal cooker's recipes are a bit disappointing save for a few. What if we boosted the effective calories of all the advanced recipes, but in exchange make it harder to use the stove. Rather than just being another electrical object you can just plug into the network, what if you instead had to pipe natural gas to it. So it would be a bigger trade off. More resources and infrastructure needed but for a bigger payoff in effective calories. 

Thoughts?

I mentioned this in a similar thread, but given that this is the team behind Don't Starve, I expect we'll eventually see a much wider variety of foods, both plant and animal-based.

That said, the idea of upgraded systems interacting with more complex mechanisms (i.e. hydroponics, electrolysis) makes a natural-gas powered grill a great idea - especially since it gives you a way to use up natural gas from Fertilizer Makers without having to invest in the polluted-water problems of Natural Gas Generators.

If it actually didn't need electrical power at all once supplied with gas, that could be an even nicer perk!

3 hours ago, Pinstar said:

Right now, the advanced meal cooker's recipes are a bit disappointing save for a few. What if we boosted the effective calories of all the advanced recipes, but in exchange make it harder to use the stove. Rather than just being another electrical object you can just plug into the network, what if you instead had to pipe natural gas to it. So it would be a bigger trade off. More resources and infrastructure needed but for a bigger payoff in effective calories. 

Thoughts?

I like it!

Yep, it's a great idea.  It'd be interesting if you could choose, actually.  Electric or gas.  The electric version should be upped in wattage significantly though.  The same concept could be used for space heaters and tepidizers.  Electricity is rather inefficient for generating heat, compared to gas.

8 hours ago, brummbar7 said:

Yep, it's a great idea.  It'd be interesting if you could choose, actually.  Electric or gas.  The electric version should be upped in wattage significantly though.  The same concept could be used for space heaters and tepidizers.  Electricity is rather inefficient for generating heat, compared to gas.

Ooh, gas heaters/tepidizers sounds great. Especially if they didn't have power requirements (besides the implicit power from the pump). Of course, that'd just cause more heat entropy problems, buuuut I'm sure we'll find a workaround.

Archived