Can we get better errors for why things are not working?

It's sort of bleh to spend an hour trying to figure out why something is idle just to figure out 1 piece of pipe in your system was broken or not built. Instead of just "X idle" maybe have it say "no output" "no input" "output is blocked" "input is blocked" "power circuit incomplete" etc

They usually do say these but only if you hover over them, it would be nice if they could pop up like other things on the top left, but alas that does not happen. There must be a way for it to be possible as it updates you if something is broken

2 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

They usually do say these but only if you hover over them, it would be nice if they could pop up like other things on the top left, but alas that does not happen. There must be a way for it to be possible as it updates you if something is broken

None of the problems i've had today had anything when I hover over them =/

It's already done in most cases so if you have some particular machine on mind, it might be good to post it in the bug reports section (if it's not reported there yet). If possible include screenshots and/or save files with the situation, it makes fixing much easier.

Depending on the machine, you normally do get a brief description of the problem.

20170601182241_1.jpg

Here I nipped off a piece of pipe between the pump and the filter on the left, and it says "pipe blocked" as the gas has nowhere to go.

Hope this helps.

Ok well all these problems were related to power (natural gas generator) and wiring. I had various problems and the wires never give you any information and the generator just says "generator idle" when it has any problems

5 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Here I nipped off a piece of pipe between the pump and the filter on the left, and it says "pipe blocked" as the gas has nowhere to go.

Problem (for me) is that pipe blocked is sometime also used when you have, for example, a liquid pipe full of water, but nothing consuming the water at the other end for the moment. I understand that "building not working because of gaz pressure" "no power somewhere" and "there is a small pipe missing" result in the same error for the pump ("pipe blocked") since making the difference could be hard, but it could be very confusing not understanding why something isn't working, because the message don't give you a big clue about what is going on.

Archived