Is ONI limited or finite??

For as far as I can tell, the game is infinite as of the current build, rather than either limited or finite.

Infinite power can be gotten from Natural Gas Geysers.

Infinite water can be gotten from Water Geysers.

Those two resources can raise all the food and oxygen you'll need.

Only things to look out for is how you'll handle your heat and your waste.

7 hours ago, Determination said:

Even getting infinite food (seeds) is a challenge.

Whut? Getting sleet wheat and PP is no challenge at all. And those are only seeds you need to care about after a while.

I'm pretty new and I didn't think seeds were a challenge at all. My mealwood gave me excellent rating and more seeds before I even realized there was a rating system. Bristleblossom drops the seed to replant the blossom even with good rating, which is no challenge at all either.

Sleet and the pepper plants are luxuries you don't need to worry about until you're properly established.

Currently, I'm most worried about temperatures and figuring out a good electricity network.

45 minutes ago, Determination said:

Good point, I think you've made me realise I'm a diehard fan of mealwood =P

I still intend to use mealwoods planted naturally as a backup, but sleatwheat is just so darn easy it'd be foolish to overlook.

The one thing that nobody seems to have mentioned is that your food expectation increases over time - so eventually frost buns and pepper bread just don't keep people happy :D 

34 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

I still intend to use mealwoods planted naturally as a backup, but sleatwheat is just so darn easy it'd be foolish to overlook.

The one thing that nobody seems to have mentioned is that your food expectation increases over time - so eventually frost buns and pepper bread just don't keep people happy :D 

What is the penalty for disregarding food expectations anyway? Just a little bit of added stress? I've already had my people complain, but it seems that as long as your decor and is good, nothing comes of it.

1 hour ago, Lifegrow said:

It seems to me the expectation growth is limited by 0 - cycle 692, all dupes' expectations are at zero. That means acceptable food is Gristle Berry, Pepper Bread, and Stuffed Berry. (BBQ can't be turned to regular food yet).

ZL3HDqf.jpg

27 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

It seems to me the expectation growth is limited by 0 - cycle 692, all dupes' expectations are at zero. That means acceptable food is Gristle Berry, Pepper Bread, and Stuffed Berry. (BBQ can't be turned to regular food yet).

It does min(floor(ProfessionLevel / 5), 3). This is added to the natural -3 from being a duplicant (kinda spoilers).

Yeah, cycle 700 on stream base and they're all zero here. Was more for the guys intending to survive forever with only mush bars :p

Do either of you guys know the stress/cycle increase for poor food quality?

1 minute ago, TheEllimist said:

Hmm so no more needing to rely on vomit/pee bases to last forever? That's good to know.

This hasn't been the case for a long time :D 

Just now, Risu said:

-2 Athletics
-15 Stress

Should last a cycle.

Ahhh nice - can't wait for some more bbq sources ;) (mmmm bbq sauces)

4 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

This hasn't been the case for a long time :D 

I just never saw a water geyser I guess. I also had problems managing stress in my playthroughs so I ended up just saying "ok your all puke guys now". Then I also don't need to build beds, art etc. Seemed like easy mode to just be puking.

Archived