Are Wheezeworts meant to clean Chlorine and Natural Gas?

I just accidentally stumbled onto something while trying to turn some Chlorine into liquid form. It was all removed along with the natural gas in the area. There was thousands of the stuff and it's literally all gone. All it took was a few Wheezeworts in vase and the gas was basically voided :D

Actually the Wheezeworts have a storage compartment idk if it was remove with the update but I often saw Wheezeworts taking all of my oxygen and storing it. If you empty their storages or uproot it the gas will be put in bottle though so it can be used to evacuate gas but it's not consistent.

In the same way my algae terrarium stored up to 24000kg of water when I built it halfway in my water tank. Their storage are pretty big. And it's funny emptying a small bottle of 24t of water (almost flooded my base though).

I have a few of them in natural gas and it is not disappearing.

Wheezeworts can go as low as to -60 C AFAIK so they can condense chlorine to liquid. Not sure about natural gas, it has condensation point way lower.

Wheezeworts are consuming CO2 and producing O2 in the latest release,

Reasons why I think this;

a. When uprooting them, they drop container of CO2 (tells me Wheezeworts is consuming CO2)

b. The pocket in the ice biome I found them in was pure O2. 

c. When I stick them next to my coal generator they almost completely eliminate all CO2. :)

Beercules!

19 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

I have a few of them in natural gas and it is not disappearing.

Wheezeworts can go as low as to -60 C AFAIK so they can condense chlorine to liquid. Not sure about natural gas, it has condensation point way lower.

It takes a while. Mine never get that low in temperature. Not even after 100 cycles. It wasn't condensing, it just disappeared.

3 hours ago, Beercules said:

Wheezeworts are consuming CO2 and producing O2 in the latest release,

Reasons why I think this;

a. When uprooting them, they drop container of CO2 (tells me Wheezeworts is consuming CO2)

b. The pocket in the ice biome I found them in was pure O2. 

c. When I stick them next to my coal generator they almost completely eliminate all CO2. :)

Beercules!

a) Wheezeworts will suck up nearby gasses to cool them - which goes into their internal storage. If you uproot them, the gas is dropped.

b) There's often pure oxygen pockets in ice biomes - think it's to make up for the huge vacuums :D

c) This one is beyond me :D 

2 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

a) Wheezeworts will suck up nearby gasses to cool them - which goes into their internal storage. If you uproot them, the gas is dropped.

b) There's often pure oxygen pockets in ice biomes - think it's to make up for the huge vacuums :D

Well I have three Wheezeworts next to my two coal generators with 12 batteries and five hatches (Romeo, Juliet, Bob, Cisco and Juniper). I thought for a bit it might be because the CO2 was condensing but even in the ice biome it didn't get much colder than -34c, also I get a blue halo around red gasses with Wheezeworts, so the only explanation is that its consuming CO2 and producing O2.  I haven't needed a single CO2 scrubber in 70+ rounds so far. :D

3 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

Yesterday I had a kind of emergency in my base. I deconstructed an air scrubber I used to get rid of CO2 in a dedicated room for a long time. It left an innocent bottle of CO2 behind, and I opened it without checking how full it is. My base got flooded by tons and tons of CO2.

Not sure about wheezeworts, they don't even seem to report any internal storage at present. But at least air scrubber can collect and hold very large amount of CO2 in it. And it may be similar case with the Wheezewort.

Archived