Concept - infinite oxygen generator

Recently I came up with an idea to create infinite clean oxygen. I think that it's a great solution for almost any base and also looks interesting.

Here's the plan of the generator:

PLANYYYY.png

A - area with storage compactors containing slime and polluted dirt, alongside a gas pump to pump the gases to C

B - polluted water to create more polluted oxygen, contains a gas pump to deliver oxygen to C

C - storage for any polluted oxygen from this generator with a liquid pump on the bottom

D - hydrogen cooling area to cool the C chamber

E - area for liquid oxygen, space heater to heat gas to a certain point and a gas pump to output the oxygen

I haven't tried to use this creation yet, but it's likely to work.

Hope you find this project interesting :)

I think the slime part won't actually work infinitely even now: slime loses mass as it emits polluted oxygen, similar to oxylite. Maybe that's not true in a storage compactor, but I doubt it, because IME compacted materials basically behave like a single (possibly huge) block of the same material on the ground.

The polluted water part will work for now but probably not after a later patch. (Not sure how exactly Klei expects to fix this one, though.)

2 hours ago, Ciderblock said:

I think the slime part won't actually work infinitely even now: slime loses mass as it emits polluted oxygen, similar to oxylite. Maybe that's not true in a storage compactor, but I doubt it, because IME compacted materials basically behave like a single (possibly huge) block of the same material on the ground.

The polluted water part will work for now but probably not after a later patch. (Not sure how exactly Klei expects to fix this one, though.)

Correct, slime in compactors uses mass over time, just like bleach stone does as it emits chlorine.   As for the polluted water bit, I'm not sure what should be done about that one.  Although, it is rather amusing to find air pockets in swamp biomes that can have 100Kgs tiles, or more, of polluted oxygen in them.  :D

An interesting idea. One would need puffs to continue generating slimes. You could even use the puffs to clean some of the polluted oxygen, creating a type of cycle.  The problem is that compared to the current geyser/electrolyser it seems like more work. 

Archived