Low on Coal Resource

Resources in a map are generated randomly, it may not be fault of the latest release.

Coal can be generated by Hatch creatures eating solid resources, including ice or solid carbon dioxide. Apart of that, there are other ways to generate energy such as using the Hydrogen generator. Last but not least, it is possible to save power by only running devices when they are needed.

23 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

Resources in a map are generated randomly, it may not be fault of the latest release.

Coal can be generated by Hatch creatures eating solid resources, including ice or solid carbon dioxide. Apart of that, there are other ways to generate energy such as using the Hydrogen generator. Last but not least, it is possible to save power by only running devices when they are needed.

Hydrogen generators are useless and can only be used for a temporary boost in energy production or just to clear out the hydrogen.

17 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

Hydrogen generators are useless and can only be used for a temporary boost in energy production or just to clear out the hydrogen.

You can have one full time on hydrogen generator for each 8 dupes. That's not 'useless' or 'temporary' in my world.

2 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

You can have one full time on hydrogen generator for each 8 dupes. That's not 'useless' or 'temporary' in my world.

Sorry, should have added in early game and without a complicated system and careful balancing of oxygen production/consumption.

11 hours ago, Masterpintsman said:

I usually have electrolysers and hydrogen generators up and running at cycle 30, is that still 'early' game?

My bad :p, haven't seen people got them running constantly that early soo just assumed.

It isn't that hard, setup outhouse, dig copper, setup wheel+battery+algae deoxidiser+research, research farming, pumps, percloration, gas pumps, combustion, (the rest)

Setup planter pots (to fill with mealwood) and another wheel+battery+supercomputer soon as you researched farming, then work on oxygen production as the ingredients (liquid pump, electrolyser, gas pump, and hydrogen generator to deal with the unwanted gas and power the oxygen creation) become available. When that's up and running get rid of the algae deoxydisers and replace with algae farms in bottom-right to deal with CO2.

Replace research buildings with massage table(s) when research is complete and you're basically free to build the base to your liking in peace.

Archived