Game purchase question

You have already posted about the game which means you've played it. And now saying you have not bought the game implies you've pirated it.

Even if the game is released I do not see them making a manual, the most you will get is some tutorials on how to do basic things and you have to figure out everything else on your own. Which is the point of the game.

Thanks for the replys guys, yes I did download it, I do that and then purchase the ones that I will play, I have purchased too many that are either crap, or not playable on my system for some reason or another.  Two weeks ago I download about 20 games, 2 I will purchase, the rest I deleted.  The other one was 'terratek'.  I never heard of this game until I went to game site.  I hope that doesn't offend anyone, especially the developers!!  21.99 CND is more then reasonable for this game, I would have payed double that :)

The reason I asked about the manual is there is usually some stuff in a game you are not aware of, like, pretty much everything I have read here.  I did not realize the actual physics of the game being real!!  Although it is fun finding out stuff on your own too!

If you are worried about the game not running then why are you not using the steam refund system. 2 hours is more than enough to tell if a game will run. Prob not enough to tell if it's fun but if you can't tell from videos then its prob not fun.

I don't know anything about the steam refund system, but will check into that, thanks.  I don't use the steam website much, my method for finding out what is out there to play has been to go to those 'pirate' places to find out what is there to play.  They list pretty much all the games that are there, not just ones from a specific company or group.  I have found games there that I never would have seen that are not on steam either, a few of those I went to a computer software store and purchased.

Most stores have a refund system, use that instead of resorting to pirating. If they don't have a refund system then that store sounds kinda shady. Steam has almost every big company on it so the only games you need to go out and find are smaller indie games. EA also has a refund system. GOG (lots of indie and old games) also has a 30 day refund system but only if the game doesn't work and they can't fix it. If it's not fun you're out of luck.

There are very very few games that are only sold on their own website so there is most likely a refund system somewhere. Games that are only sold in physical stores would mean they are very old, can try looking on GOG first.

Would be fun if Klei did a sort of troll release for the pirates where every animal was hostile and unkillable, or the temperature of the asteroid rose by 10 degrees every minute, or something inescapable :D 

Would be fun to watch the forums light up....

Archived