Is there any way to access the original Spriter files for the official characters? (Wendy)

I'm working on adding the new DST face animations to a modded character who is basically a retexture of Wendy with a few small changes.

However, I don't have access to the modded characters original spriter files, only the .TEX anim ones.

So I figure the fastest and easiest way to do it would be to get Wendy's original spriter files, edit over the basic textures, and recompile the whole thing with all the faces intact.

The only problem is that I do not have access to Wendy's spriter files, are they available to download anywhere?

Edited by Ogrecakes

24 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

I haven't used it, but I believe ktools' krane can decompile spriter files back into something spriter can use.

As CarlZalph has said you can use ktools to decompile the .tex files into spriter files and individual .png images.

Ktools can be downloaded here: 

You can follow the included readme file to better understand how to use it.

I strongly recommend making a .bat file however using something like this to make things more organized as it spits out a lot of folders and images when it decompiles.

C:\modtools\ktools\krane.exe C:\modtools\input C:\modtools\output

Something like this, can get you started.

Cheers

1 hour ago, IronHunter said:

As CarlZalph has said you can use ktools to decompile the .tex files into spriter files and individual .png images.

Ktools can be downloaded here: 

You can follow the included readme file to better understand how to use it.

I strongly recommend making a .bat file however using something like this to make things more organized as it spits out a lot of folders and images when it decompiles.

C:\modtools\ktools\krane.exe C:\modtools\input C:\modtools\output

Something like this, can get you started.

Cheers

1 hour ago, CarlZalph said:

I haven't used it, but I believe ktools' krane can decompile spriter files back into something spriter can use.

Seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, but it seems to just be broken for certain people?

Tried running the windows version, updating the 32x c++, tried using the source code but none of it works.

If anyone has this working, then I'm just going to leave this here:

wendy.zip

Otherwise I'll have to get it working at a later date...

Thanks for helping out, assuming I can get it running, or if I can get those scml files then I'm set.

Edited by Ogrecakes
Added Thanks

Wendy.zip

So. When you want to decompile something with spriter, you need three things. The anim part, the text part, the build part. Since Wendy anim files have only the tex and build part, i used "player_basic" as the base anim to decompile.

Meaning that when you'll recompile the thing you'll probably end with an anim.bin file that you'll have to remove because it already exist.

this file was from the assets that some dev uploaded. It had all of the exported hats and a few characters, but i don't remember the link (i think it was on github). I usually use ktools as well, except this is much less of a hassle. 

wendy.zip

Edited by Cherryzion

11 hours ago, Lumina said:

Wendy.zip

So. When you want to decompile something with spriter, you need three things. The anim part, the text part, the build part. Since Wendy anim files have only the tex and build part, i used "player_basic" as the base anim to decompile.

Meaning that when you'll recompile the thing you'll probably end with an anim.bin file that you'll have to remove because it already exist.

Recompiling this file always ends up messing up the arm animations, showing both the standard running cycle in game, and the animation for holding an item.

When you actually hold an item the animation glitches up even further, however the new face animations work fine.

3 hours ago, Cherryzion said:

this file was from the assets that some dev uploaded. It had all of the exported hats and a few characters, but i don't remember the link (i think it was on github). I usually use ktools as well, except this is much less of a hassle. 

wendy.zip

While in this file, recompiling only gives you the standard single player .tex/animations, even though all the new faces are in the correct folders, and appear in Spriter.

I have no idea why the auto compiler is only compiling the basic animations...