Cannibalism and New trait?

I think there should be some other way of getting food than the 3-4 ways (planter boxes, monsters, musher)  Or that there should be a benefit or balance for how much stress the dupes are given for a duplicant dying... Maybe also make the duplicants go sort of crazy or aggressive towards other duplicants of they do get this disease/mental disorder, making my idea of the trait come into play. So if the dupe didnt get a piece of flesh or something within 10-15 cycles they would inflict major damage to another duplicant to get said flesh... 

This is not Rimworld.   I *love* Rimworld, bit want this to be different.   I have no issue with different food traits.   A fun one would be "Picky Eater." Requests a specific food, periodically, and gets a boost to mood for eating it, and stress for not eating it.

What I think we need is new munchables like WORMS.   Big long worms that bleed/secrete acid but taste good.   And think of how that acid could be put to use.

...also Animal breeding and HYBRIDS.   What happens when you combine a Puft with a Hatch?   Inquiring chefs want to know!

If we're tossing out creatures. Some sort of snail like creature that eats plants, Muckroot, and algae. When they move their slime trail creates contaminated water, speed be about half that of a Hatch. they can climb on walls and ceilings, and their shells are impenetrable to Dupes' weapons making them a challenge to kill with them retreating into their shell after the first hit. As for size they can be as big as the African Achatina Achatina. Also they would make good eating after killed and the shell can be used as a coagulant in water treatment.

PS - As for cannibalism I'm still voting for Soylent Green. :)

Those of you who say this is meant to be a kid friendly game, I can see HOW that would appear, but look at the sheer DIFFICULTY of this game! It does look like it's for kids, but it isn't made for kids in the end. Just because the game has goofy animations from time to time doesn't mean this game has to be 100% Barny the Dinosaur level appropriate. I approve 100% of a cannibalistic trait, and it should be just that, a trait. It would be cool and to be totally honest, maybe adding more traits beyond what is currently available and of coarse cannibalism too.

Archived