Hydrogen generator broken?

So I was watching Sky Storme on youtube and he showed how the hydrogen pump is broken.  The little glass tube on the right of the generator never fills up with hydrogen graphically.  Also watching the hydrogen blocks move through the pipes and into the generator - it is obvious that the generator only pumps for 1 second for any size hydrogen block that enters it.  Get a small cube of hydrogen, and the pump goes for 1 second.  Get a huge block of hydrogen and the pump goes for one second.

This is what I always suspected in my own bases.  I spend a lot of effort setting up my electrolyzers and hydrogen generators, but they never seem to perform well.  The generators never seem to produce a lot of power and they are constantly turning on and off.  What have your experiences been like?  I hope Klei fixes this soon.

I have 5 electrolyzers feeding one generator with 3 batteries and about 1kw max power draw on the circuit. It works great, I use it to power my sewer pump and fridges.

It seems to me 5 electrolyzers per generator is the number that keeps the supply steady enough to operate. We already know that it isn't a dependable sole source of power, but I think it works great as a supplement power supply and hydrogen eater.

10 minutes ago, Masterpintsman said:

When you run the current state of the game faster than slow the simulation fails and stuff vanishes. Is reported as a bug, search for 'deterministic' in the bug tracker in case you want details.

Yeah...I wonder why they don't consider it a priority bug to fix.  It is very bad and have screwed with my feedback loops builds.  It only crept in after 210496 or something, quite recent too.

40 minutes ago, Masterpintsman said:

When you run the current state of the game faster than slow the simulation fails and stuff vanishes. Is reported as a bug, search for 'deterministic' in the bug tracker in case you want details.

It's not vanishing though, it's just not working fast enough.

Archived