Mute Character

I've tried to give my mod character a custom sound set but I can't hear a thing. I doubt the problem is volume since I got the sounds from the Sound Resource. The character I'm working on is the Sunflower from Plants Vs. Zombies for reference's sake. More specifically, the Garden Warfare kind. I have the feeling that I used too many sound clips per category, but this is my first time trying this out, so I dunno. What are some common mistakes people do when trying this? That might help me find the problem.

Did you remap sound events for your new character?

If not, you should do this in modmain, example:

RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve/characters/barczak/death_voice", "barczak/barczak/death_voice" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve/characters/barczak/hurt", "barczak/barczak/hurt" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve/characters/barczak/talk_LP", "barczak/barczak/talk_LP" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve/characters/barczak/yawn", "barczak/barczak/yawn" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve/characters/barczak/emote", "barczak/barczak/emote" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve/characters/barczak/ghost_LP", "barczak/barczak/ghost_LP" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve/characters/barczak/pose", "barczak/barczak/pose" )

If that doesn't work, please post your mod here. I'll have a look. Sounds along with FMOD files would be helpful to solve the issue as well.

29 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

Did you remap sound events for your new character?

If not, you should do this in modmain, example:

RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve/characters/barczak/death_voice", "barczak/barczak/death_voice" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve/characters/barczak/hurt", "barczak/barczak/hurt" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve/characters/barczak/talk_LP", "barczak/barczak/talk_LP" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve/characters/barczak/yawn", "barczak/barczak/yawn" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve/characters/barczak/emote", "barczak/barczak/emote" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve/characters/barczak/ghost_LP", "barczak/barczak/ghost_LP" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve/characters/barczak/pose", "barczak/barczak/pose" )

If that doesn't work, please post your mod here. I'll have a look. Sounds along with FMOD files would be helpful to solve the issue as well.

I did. I must be missing something. The Taunt and Spawn sounds are the Talking sounds. Also, I haven't done the Emote, Ghost, Pose, and Yawn sounds.

Sunny.zip

25 minutes ago, icantevenname said:

I did. I must be missing something. The Taunt and Spawn sounds are the Talking sounds. Also, I haven't done the Emote, Ghost, Pose, and Yawn sounds.

Sunny.zip

You didn't rename your bank nor group name. You didn't specify where your sounds were located correctly in the code, so they just didn't play.

sound.zip

I've also configured sounds to play in the world correctly. Though new events will need that setup as well.

Here's some helpful stuff regardins sounds:

I probably should just make a new thread regarding making custom sounds for DST sometime. Useful informations are all over the place, impossible to find for any sane person.

On 3/25/2017 at 1:48 AM, PanAzej said:

You didn't rename your bank nor group name. You didn't specify where your sounds were located correctly in the code, so they just didn't play.

sound.zip

I've also configured sounds to play in the world correctly. Though new events will need that setup as well.

Here's some helpful stuff regardins sounds:

I probably should just make a new thread regarding making custom sounds for DST sometime. Useful informations are all over the place, impossible to find for any sane person.

Thanks for the help, I'll take a look at the links later.