Been given the message "Oxygen Not Included is not available on your current platform" when attempting to install

Here's a screenshot of the pop-up, I already read all the topics on the forum with this same issue.

http://imgur.com/nEDuxlS

I've tried all suggestions, even the ones that Klei members and Mods of the forum replied that would help.

I've tried restarting my computer and Steam a handful of times, going to: Properties --> Local Files --> Verify integrity of game files (It's not allowing me to I can only see the pop-up but no way to click it), going to the steam website instead to open in but it just says on the store page "Oxygen Not Included is already in your Steam Library," and "Available: Alpha now available!" but no way of buying it there  even(I know Steam is kinda bad with this sort of thing I read with new games).

Do I have to verify to Valve that I have the game with a screenshot from when I bought it or is it a bug or problem that's affecting the game itself with the Klei office? I just need to know because I've been on the hype train ever since the game was announced and it's a shame to have paid for something you can't yet use..

I also have a Windows 10 with 64-bit and enough GB to support the game on my computer so I've already met the requirements.

I'm going to be completely patient with this because I can barely imagine how hard it must be to release a game that still needs more improvement online and all the issues that come with that, I'm sympathetic to all the work Klei puts in just to release and come out with new content so just know that I don't overlook all the care you all(If a Klei member is reading this) put into your hard work.

I'll be looking forward to a response!

• Developer

That's really weird, as far as I know that message only appears for 32-bit systems...

Valve verification isn't needed, the game should run as normal after you buy the Alpha.

I really hope someone can help you out with this, man. And welcome to the forums :)

@AriStarlight:

DXDiag

In order to get a DXDiag on Windows:
- Click on your Start button
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to access the "Run" window
- On the new window, type in dxdiag.exe and press enter; this will open up the DirectX diagnostic tool
- Click on the "Save All Information" tab on the diagnostic tool
- A "Save As..." window will pop up where you can click on save. It will save your hardware information as a document to your desktop (default).
- Close the diagnostic tool and attach the new document to your forum post or support ticket.

Oxygen Not Included Save Files

There are situations where we may ask you for a copy of your save file. You will be able to find your save file in the documents folder at \Documents\Klei\OxygenNotcluded\save_files

Oxygen Not Included Output Log

In order to find your game's output_log.txt file: Right click on Oxygen Not Included on your game library > Properties > Local Files Click on Browse Local Files The file will be located in SteamApps\common\OxygenNotcluded\OxygenNotcluded_Data\output_log.txt

It would make sense to file it as a bug in the ONI Bug Tracker (that's where this info is coming from).

On 3/9/2017 at 5:46 PM, AriStarlight said:

@GamingBud Do you think you can walk me through the steps of how to do that or is there steps online for it?

Thanks btw.

Right click shortcut, go to compatibility, check run as administrator and select in the drop down panel to run in compatibility mode for windows 7.

Archived