World reset - any backup?

Please, please, please tell me this is not happening... :(:(:(

First, I am sorry if there is already same topic or if this is not good place for this topic, I am newbie here..

So what happened :( 
We've played DST for the last few months, more than 1700 game days and last night our world was reset in the most stupid way, that I cannot even find right words to describe that situation... So now I am so devastated, brokenhearted, powerless, disappointed, sad, angry, inconsolable, desperate.. well I can't accept that everything is lost.. 

Please tell me there is some automatic backup or whatever... Please tell me there is a way to retrieve our lovely world...

Thanks in advance...

The "reset world" button that pops up when you die NEEDS a confirmation thing after you click it. I'm just guessing that was the reason, it has happened to many people and that damn reset option is too important to not have a confirmation step before it is done.

1700 days must be the record. Feels bad mate :(

This might not be much comfort, but think of all the things you didn't like about that map or wish you had done better, and maybe the prospect of starting over with all you've learned  will seem a little less heartbreaking. I personally love starting new maps because exploring has always been one of my favorite parts of the game. Maybe this time you'll get a tall bird fort or reed trap!

Archived