A way of making water?

I don't think there is a way to do this in game, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Main problem with this game is water and how eventually you run out it, I think there should be a way to create water like implement a science lab where you can gather certain elements and combine them to make a product. For instance you gather up all of that extra hydrogen and oxygen in a 2:1 ratio and then boom you have water, a very small amount but water nonetheless. Definitely a later game thing but I feel like something like that is extremely needed. Who else has ideas for this?

the idea of recombining oxygen and hydrogen to make water only sounds half thought out you just spent 90%of the game trying to make clean water so you can atomize it into hydrogen and oxygen as  breathable medium. would take more energy to recombine oxygen and hydrogen into water just so you could split it again?

@SpoonsOnMyElbows So you'd have to just not let your dupes use the bathroom or cause their stress to get high enough to where they vomit?

@heckubis I'm not saying that you deconstruct the water, I'm saying that there are ways to create hydrogen and ways to create oxygen. so technically you could create water from that.

2 hours ago, yNot said:

@SpoonsOnMyElbows So you'd have to just not let your dupes use the bathroom or cause their stress to get high enough to where they vomit?

@heckubis I'm not saying that you deconstruct the water, I'm saying that there are ways to create hydrogen and ways to create oxygen. so technically you could create water from that.

we are  combining and destructing and recombining we never have the option to create matter h2o. That's 2 parts hydrogen 1 part oxygen when we make air we split the water into hydrogen(h)2 and oxygen dupes breath it taking what little oxygen comes from it  and we re left with clouds of hydrogen.

making water from that hydrogen would be silly for any reason other than just to waste the resources and that's still silly

1 hour ago, clamjam said:

Well, using oxygen to create water is counterproductive, since the reason you need water in the first place is to create oxygen.

Indeed. For the sake of conservation of energy, we won't have any sort of !Dwarven Water Reactor!,  we must have a creature that produce water from no where.

On 07.03.2017 at 9:45 AM, yNot said:

I don't think there is a way to do this in game, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Main problem with this game is water and how eventually you run out it, I think there should be a way to create water like implement a science lab where you can gather certain elements and combine them to make a product. For instance you gather up all of that extra hydrogen and oxygen in a 2:1 ratio and then boom you have water, a very small amount but water nonetheless. Definitely a later game thing but I feel like something like that is extremely needed. Who else has ideas for this?

Water is some sort of shower and lavatory resource, I don't think you need alot of it, just connect them to the water purifier and your main problem became sand. If you have 100000 kg of it, it will be enought for 500+ cycles used by 20 dubs, but don't use sand in air deodoizer, dubs can breath let's call this green air, and all will be fine. After 200 cycles you'll start some experiments with temperature, and find out that 18 termoregulators cool down oxygen to liquid state and it became clean pure blue gas, with can kill your plants in a second wile it have -186 degree on celcium temperature. (I'm russian, so don't look on grammatical misstakes)

And one more think, you will loose water if you gonna boil it, becase after boil you'll get steam and DIRT with is pointless resource so every boil you will loose small portion of water in this process, but if you freeze it you will gain exact number of 800 kg contaminated water in ICE, with is became 100% pure water after melting, so if you wanna know how to freeze and melt water - I'll make video for you on english, just ask...

16 hours ago, yNot said:

Yeah, if you want water at all.
You don't need it for anything.
You don't need to make meals with water, as your dupes are perfectly fine to eat the mealwood raw.
You don't need to use toilets, or showers, as it only effects their stress. (And illness which doesn't do anything).
Stress is fairly easy to combat, especially with the narcoleptic trait which gives you a permanent -0.03%/s to stress buff.
Once you have the electrolyzer, the algae terrarium is useless, as it produces such a tiny amount of oxygen for a huge amount of water, where the electrolyzer makes about 7x the amount of oxygen for the same water, and doesn't need algae at all.
But you don't actually need oxygen.
Your dupes are perfectly fine with breathing contaminated oxygen.
If you really did want oxygen, you still don't need water, as you can use contaminated oxygen and cool it down to a liquid, and then steam it back up again to a gas to become clean oxygen.

The only thing you need water for is research, but there's not that much to research, and plenty of natural water to fully complete research many times over.

On 2017. 03. 08. at 7:32 AM, clamjam said:

Well, using oxygen to create water is counterproductive, since the reason you need water in the first place is to create oxygen.

nah. its should work with contanimated oxigen too.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:02 AM, majom said:

nah. its should work with contanimated oxigen too.

its not a matter of if it should work  or not it should work fine. its the matter of the primary purpose in the game for water is to make oxygen not use the oxygen to make water . if you want to use contaminated o2 for clean air that's easy get it to -200 and it turns to liquid as soon as its temp goes back up its clean o2. but using o2 to make water to turn around and make into o2 again is just redundant.

Archived