Hydrogen generator triggers me.

On 01/03/2017 at 4:30 AM, highflyermc said:

Well it also violates the laws of thermodynamics, so get over it.

Wait, does it? It litteraly make matter disapear in a vacuum.
Matter-energy wise, it does not.

Yes, you spend 120W to produce 112g of hydrogen from wich 100g gives out 800w of power... but the matter disapear!!!

I agree, but keep in mind that the entire concept of electrolysis in this context wouldn't make any sense if this were made realistic without any other changes. The hydrogen generator would have to burn ALL of the oxygen produced by electrolysis, thus defeating the purpose of electrolysis, which is to add oxygen to the colony.

I think everything in a closed loop cave fluid management game should conserve mass, so it shouldn't be ignored, but there are other ways to maintain the purpose of the system without magically destroying hydrogen. For example, a machine could bind the hydrogen into some sort of enriched salts/solid so that it's still there but just takes up way less space since it's part of a dense solid now (this could be highly abstract, just like dirt or whatever into some heavier form of dirt). Or if you could compress gases much more than now, then you could also just store it in a small high pressure area indefinitely (or at least as long as the water lasts, since electrolysis is an inherently temporary solution). Etc.

On 3/2/2017 at 8:56 PM, kambing said:

The worst thing about the electrolyzer is that it constantly hits "max gas pressure"

well, it IS reaching max pressure.... for that area. when the aiir flows away it gets lower pressure area to work with.

remember that its based on the particular tile/block that its in.

Buildings that emit matter as gas or liquids that currently have the overpressure feature should have a slider to configure the cutoff point, the scale should go to twice the current value (for gas emitters, liquid seems ok with 1000kg) and default to the current fixed value.

Archived