No giants spawning

Ajosen

Ive never had this happen before, but ive just finished my first summer after an Autumn start and no giants have spawned, normally id have gotten deer clops, Goose Goose and the dragonfly by now and none have appeared is this a bug?

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:33 PM, cptCalavera said:

The giants are not 100% guaranteed to spawn unless you change their spawn rate in the world gen setting. Im not sure about the likelyhood of no giants after a year but I think you just got unlucky.

I can confirm no giants were spawning even with them set to "lots"... Except for MooseGoose that is. I only got it at the start of every season.

I'm not sure yet if the latest 1.08 addresses this as there's no proper details I can find on what specifically they fixed... Minor bug fixes & crashes is very vague! I've managed to pop into caves day 2 & no season change, so here's hoping that was part of the update fix!

EDIT: Can confirm that this patch didn't fix the "season change while caving" bug!!

An older world of mine spawns Gmooses and Dragonflies just fine, but spawns Deerclops every winter and doesn't spawn Bearger at all, even though all of their spawn settings were set to default. I believe that I set Autumn to very long, Spring to long, Winter left to default and Summer to short, but that's the only settings I changed back when.

Archived