How Klei can do A New Reign on PS4

I've thought of a couple ways that Klei could implement A New Reign on PS4.

The most comprehensive and least straining way to Sony, would be for Klei to create a "separate game". It would only be available to people who sign up via form to Klei, with a PSN id that could verify the purchase of DST and Klei could distribute codes for the download. It would be minimally stressful on PSN's servers since all they would have to do is host a game and updates.

I'm sure it could even be configured to use the same files even, but what do I really know.

I know I really want to see ANR beta on PS4. My honey and I play a lot together, but she doesn't like playing on PC. (She has to use her laptop and a controller anyway.) But it's always been a smoother experience when we play on console.

10 hours ago, Meiyer89 said:

I've thought of a couple ways that Klei could implement A New Reign on PS4.

The most comprehensive and least straining way to Sony, would be for Klei to create a "separate game". It would only be available to people who sign up via form to Klei, with a PSN id that could verify the purchase of DST and Klei could distribute codes for the download. It would be minimally stressful on PSN's servers since all they would have to do is host a game and updates.

I'm sure it could even be configured to use the same files even, but what do I really know.

I know I really want to see ANR beta on PS4. My honey and I play a lot together, but she doesn't like playing on PC. (She has to use her laptop and a controller anyway.) But it's always been a smoother experience when we play on console.

Yeah, there's no question that it could be done, but it would be almost twice the work. Not to mention that each update on the console is gonna cost Klei money. On the PC you can push out updates as much as you want without being charged for doing so.

Just wait for ANR to exit beta, get polished up a bit then ported over. It sucks having to wait, but Klei also has Oxygen Not Included as well as Hot Lava in development at the same time as ANR. I don't think they need to stretch their resources any farther right now unless you want to see everything start to go at a painfully slow pace. Plus ANR is almost over anyway so much of this is pretty moot anyway.

23 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Yeah, there's no question that it could be done, but it would be almost twice the work. Not to mention that each update on the console is gonna cost Klei money. On the PC you can push out updates as much as you want without being charged for doing so.

Just wait for ANR to exit beta, get polished up a bit then ported over. It sucks having to wait, but Klei also has Oxygen Not Included as well as Hot Lava in development at the same time as ANR. I don't think they need to stretch their resources any farther right now unless you want to see everything start to go at a painfully slow pace. Plus ANR is almost over anyway so much of this is pretty moot anyway.

Sir... you are too well informed for my childlike whining. Alright. I'll stop expecting too much. Lol. That was actually very enlightening.

Archived