Most suitable boss slayer for duo with wendy.

Well, in your opinion i guess.

My girlfriend will play only wendy for full support. I will be the bodyguard/fighter/guardian whatever you call it. I am between some characters but honestly i am biased towards wolfgang. So i will compare him with the most popular characters in forums for boss hunting. Please discuss any objections or suggestions.

My general tactic is using mass heal food+dark sword/hambat, so i think the x3 hunger of mighty wolfgang becomes a non factor since i spam food anyway.

I will mention the characters i have read the most about in the forums.

Wx78 i see why people love him but i dont see how so big stats will help in the boss fight. I mean, higher base sanity means you go insane higher, since the creatures attack you at 15%. Also while the wolfgang gets sane with 30 sanity (from total zero), wx needs 45.

The bigger stomach, helps....at nothing, i will eat heal food all time anyway so hunger wont become a problem. The max life is not so greatly different. With all gears wx is 400, while with wolfgang just feed him and he has 300. So wolfgang regains sanity easier (killing less shadows or eating less jerkies), has similar life without investing 15 gears and honestly, when you eat fishsticks/dragonpies/jerkies every 10-20 seconds for healing purposes, the x3 hunger or the different life, wont make a difference, you will be overfed all the time anyway. But wolfgang will still have the x2 damage +speed bonus.

\The only real factor with wx (in comparison) would be eating gears to heal or using thunders to run faster. But then again wolfgang is already fast while mighty and i go with 20-25 heal dishes anyway when i want to fight dragonfly (for example).

Wilson well wx will have more stats and wolfgang more damage and stats and just be more hungry, which again, is a non factor when you spam food.

Webber can be awesome with tons of spiders, but i wont be able to control the army from killing poor wendy and her sister.

Wigfrid is the closest to him in my opinion. Her spear is useless since i will use hambat or dark sword for bosses. So it comes down to x2 damage + speed vs x1,25 damage +25% damage reduction.+ a cheap helmet.

Ok the helmet is very conventient because its so cheap and durable but i can make mass football helmets. I think it comes down to a fast and lethal fighter with agility vs a more stable and defensive combatant.

So in my opinion from 0 to 10. Wolfgang 9,5 Wigfrid 9,3 Webber 8 (due to being hard to co operate with other chars). Wx 7,5 WIlson 5.

What do you say?

It seems you've already narrowed it down to Wolfgang on your own. He is this game's best tank and tanking seems to be the style you're going for here. Besides, I think his and Wendy's perks nicely compliment each other's.

I dunno man, a lot of the info seems to be pretty misguided... But I won't harp on it, not in the mood for a big analytical post.

But I'll just add here that a spider army is useless against bosses if you have Abigail active, she targets and kills them, friendly or not, however they do not target fellow players once they are made to be followers, and as soon as a single spider is attack by an enemy, the rest won't bother your friends and will head straight for the attacker.

In terms of who's good at taking down bosses through tanking (without counting mob assistance and other abilities, just puuure tankin'), which is all you seem to be asking for us to give our opinions on? Wolfgang, Wigfrid and WX are your options, I wouldn't even consider Wilson or Webber.

Of course there's so many other methods and perks to be mentioned when regarding boss fights. Wickerbottom's books make easy work of the bosses, Webber has access to plentiful and arguably "cheaper" followers, Woodie holds followers longer, WX's system overload makes kiting much more bearable, Maxwell can spawn in hostile distractions at will, etc.

6 hours ago, TitanCat said:

6thTeoSS for me, saw it before in tumblr and reddit. Man I love wolfgang but seeing this meme somehow made me feel unconfortable. I don't even know why

Huh, actually saw the original once from Teo (amazing Wolfgang main) on reddit years ago.

38 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

Huh, actually saw the original once from Teo (amazing Wolfgang main) on reddit years ago.

Hmm, I don't think so, But I have a hunch that I saw something horrible somewhere after taking a glance at this meme

Wait? Did I just developed a repressed memory?

Archived