Creating a new biome

So I'm trying to make a new biome. I looked into the API examples (http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/203-api-examples/) and other mods that added something like what I want (like steam biome) but didnt understand completely what I had to do. Note that rock_obsidian and rock_charcoal are mod prefabs, so is the BURNT_TURF (as opposed to GROUND.TURF_NAME, its just a constant number, so I placed it directly). Here is the part of the code that I added:

AddRoom("Scorched_Earth", {
	colour={r=.010,g=.010,b=.10,a=.50},
	value = BURNT_TURF,
	contents =  {
		distributepercent = 0.4,
		distributeprefabs = {
			rock_charcoal = 3.0,
			rock_obsidian = 1.5,
			knight_nightmare = 0.15,
			bishop_nightmare = 0.1,
			rook_nightmare = 0.05,
		}
	}
})

AddTask("AncientDragonLand", {
		locks={LOCKS.FOREST},
		keys_given=KEYS.NONE,
		room_choices={
			["Scorched_Earth"] = 3 + math.random(1,2), 
		}, 
		room_bg=VOLCANO_TURF,
		background_room="BGWilds",
		colour={r=1,g=0,b=0.6,a=1},
	})

GLOBAL.require("map/level")
local LEVELTYPE = GLOBAL.LEVELTYPE

local function AddTaskTech(level)
	table.insert(level.tasks, "AncientDragonLand")
end

AddLevelPreInit("FOREST", AddTaskTech)

But nothing happens. I added the log file aswell. Other than that the mod is working perfectly. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

client_log.txt

Edited by Zardexrlz

2 hours ago, Zardexrlz said:

So I'm trying to make a new biome. I looked into the API examples (http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/203-api-examples/) and other mods that added something like what I want (like steam biome) but didnt understand completely what I had to do. Note that rock_obsidian and rock_charcoal are mod prefabs, so is the BURNT_TURF (as opposed to GROUND.TURF_NAME, its just a constant number, so I placed it directly). Here is the part of the code that I added:

But nothing happens. I added the log file aswell. Other than that the mod is working perfectly. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

The API you're using is old. It may not work with the current iteration of the world generation code in Don't Starve Together.

@Serpens Did my best to make something like that to work but no success :\.

@Kzisor Yeah I didn't found anything newer than

and that didn't seem to work. Do you have anything else newer/that you think would be helpful?

@Lumina Yeah, if I ever manage to do it in a decent way I might try to make a tutorial. It opens some pretty awesome possibilities for modders.

Thank you all for the replies :D