Any Chance to get a "Creative Mode" option for servers on PS4?

More and more games lately have been trying to bridge the gap between PC and Console limitations, and "Creative Modes" are no exceptions. Was wondering if it could ever come to PS4 (And XBone if that ever manifests).

Basically just a toggle when making a server that lets you select "Creative Mode" where basically you can build anything without the resource requirements, and have infinite health/hunger/sanity, etc. Of course, this would disable trophies in order to be reasonable, but for people that would want to use this option, most probably wouldn't care for trophies or already have them all. Also, Console Commands naturally wouldn't really be an option, because from what I know from games like Fallout or Elder Scrolls, Sony don't like that kind of freedom.

It's actually pretty similar to what Minecraft has, so I was wondering if it would really be difficult to implement.

On 12/20/2016 at 3:38 AM, BOSSzombie said:

More and more games lately have been trying to bridge the gap between PC and Console limitations, and "Creative Modes" are no exceptions. Was wondering if it could ever come to PS4 (And XBone if that ever manifests).

Basically just a toggle when making a server that lets you select "Creative Mode" where basically you can build anything without the resource requirements, and have infinite health/hunger/sanity, etc. Of course, this would disable trophies in order to be reasonable, but for people that would want to use this option, most probably wouldn't care for trophies or already have them all. Also, Console Commands naturally wouldn't really be an option, because from what I know from games like Fallout or Elder Scrolls, Sony don't like that kind of freedom.

It's actually pretty similar to what Minecraft has, so I was wondering if it would really be difficult to implement.

How ironic because Ark Survival Evolved has Console Command (Admin Command) on the PS4 and it doesn't even disable trophies for using it!

I don't think klei will like this. Don't starve is meant to be a pve game. Yes it would be cool but then what will the point be? The games with creative modes usually have very big or even endless worlds. In don't starve you are limited to a smallish island. In the pc port there is a console command that lets you put anything and have godmode but when I used it I had no fun because I had everything! The fun part of Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together is getting the things to survive not placing things to make it pretty.

dang that took a while 

3 hours ago, Silvercide said:

I don't think klei will like this. Don't starve is meant to be a pve game. Yes it would be cool but then what will the point be? The games with creative modes usually have very big or even endless worlds. In don't starve you are limited to a smallish island. In the pc port there is a console command that lets you put anything and have godmode but when I used it I had no fun because I had everything! The fun part of Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together is getting the things to survive not placing things to make it pretty.

dang that took a while 

It's not a matter of "what's fun versus not fun."

It's a matter of "The PC can do this and the PS4 has no equivalent."

And what you consider fun is not necessarily fun for everyone else, no offense.

On 27.12.2016 at 11:58 PM, BOSSzombie said:

It's not a matter of "what's fun versus not fun."

It's a matter of "The PC can do this and the PS4 has no equivalent."

And what you consider fun is not necessarily fun for everyone else, no offense.

I guess it would be fun but the fact that you have to work hard and be kinda good to build a good base would be gone because everyone will just get themselves boss items and Suff and make them self invisible ! I would like a tag or a icon next to a world that used the creative mode or is beeing ! That would be great . I don't care if there will be a creative mode but I want to know which world use it because I want to play this game the normal way ! K thx bye :D

Yeah im sure they will have an icon for it if they added it so dont worry about that. The only reason i would like to do it is so i can practice ways to fight giants. I can just spawn the equipment and spawn the boss and get going. THats why i like creative modes idea. I can just spawn what i want and test methods, and then do it on my legit file. 

Archived